Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still sleepy after 9 months. Could only sleep for 6 hours.
RE: Still sleepy after 9 months. Could only sleep for 6 hours.
I went from 3 to 0 @15cm, to try and stop an exhale obstruction. I found I soon got use to it. You don't force the exhale, you just relax and let it happen.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the input guys. Going to lower EPR. I tried EPR 2 last night and it was actually ok, so yeah I probably thought too much about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi guys. I tried EPR 1 for 8 days, but it doesn't seems to help with the CA. I'm still feeling sleepy. The good news is that I feel fine with this EPR in term of comfort. Any other advice? Should I turn off the EPR?

[Image: QPI1MBtl.png]
[Image: AL5TYXIl.png]
[Image: NJCg10Vl.png]
[Image: uHxobgkl.png]
[Image: Aa6nNZ2l.png]
Susilo
Post Reply Post Reply
Some thoughts

1. Once you start getting enough sleep you will find that getting to sleep can reveal new things. I had a very uncomfortable bed, which I didn't realize until I got CPAP therapy. Before I was able to just fall asleep on most anything. 

So when you wake up now, you are not so dead tired to fall back to sleep. Try just 15 minutes of moving around to stretch your muscles, no coffee, and then go to sleep. I use the smart phone to look at distracting images. I fall back to sleep. 

2. My doctor is talking about idiopathic hyposominia. Which she explained is you are sleepy and we don't know. We are thinking about modafinil. I am not necessarily recommending it though. Just bringing it up.

3. Try nasal pillows. They are much more comfortable. 

4. The sleep profession thinks an AHI of 5 or less is some type of accomplishment. That is five per hour. Waking up every 12 minutes on average. You need to target 5 or less a night sleep and I think a person can target 2 or less. As others have suggested they adjust the pressure and they get better results. However, I am not a doctor and can't say there are no risks. However, I adjust my pressure all the time. 

5. There is a phenomenon called upper respiratory arousal syndrome. You could be waking even though there are no apneas.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2017, 06:14 AM)sleepy1235 Wrote: 4. The sleep profession thinks an AHI of 5 or less is some type of accomplishment. That is five per hour. Waking up every 12 minutes on average. You need to target 5 or less a night sleep and I think a person can target 2 or less. As others have suggested they adjust the pressure and they get better results. However, I am not a doctor and can't say there are no risks. However, I adjust my pressure all the time. 

How do I know if I need to adjust my pressure?

Quote:5. There is a phenomenon called upper respiratory arousal syndrome. You could be waking even though there are no apneas.

How do I know if I have this? I read that cpap is also use to treat UARS, so shouldn't the use of cpap fix this?
Susilo
Post Reply Post Reply
Once some more of the people come along and see your data Susilo, you will get some more suggestions. Hang in there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just try different pressures and see if there are fewer apneas. 

As for upper respiratory syndrome, I am still investigating that.  I am thinking of designing a set up to see if I am waking up and when.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 236 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 206 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,596 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 421 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 269 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 426 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.