Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still snoring
Still snoring
My girlfriend says I’m snoring while wearing my mask... should I turn up my settings it’s currently at 11, if so how much?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still snoring
If you can post a chart from sleepyhead it would help a lot in trying to determine what pressure you need. The links for downloading the software and directions on how to post are just below.

Welcome to Apnea Board!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I would raise my min pressure in response to snoring, normally 1cm at a time. As walla said, if you post some sleepyhead charts, you will get better advice.

this video may help you see what is happening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gie2dhqP2c
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
You are using a fixed CPAP. The autoset would have increased pressure, and so should you. Your S9 Elite will work with #Sleepyhead, so get the software and try to optimize. At 15 cm pressure with 3 EPR I'm a bit surprised snoring is an issue, but it's nice to have a girlfriend to tell you about it. At least you have not driven her to another bedroom.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for responding, I may have some questions about sleepy time
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I download sleepy head on my phone ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Short answer: No. SleepyHead is only for Windows, OS X, and Linux computers.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Captain33,
WELCOME! to the forum.! Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Try a nasal mask it will force you to breath out of your nose if you can get used to it, it worked for me!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,472 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,591 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Diagnosis] Help with Snoring Sleepster 14 1,000 11-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Snoring ,treating hyponeas and flow limits Bluesv6 3 531 09-30-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Low O2 and Snoring Bigdonpaul 44 2,415 04-10-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Bigdonpaul
  For Hypopneas, RERAs/snoring-IPAP increase/PS what is to much/effects ? KeepSmiling 1 782 11-06-2022, 09:45 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.