Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still snoring with APAP
RE: Still snoring with APAP
Very likely the machine is defective based on your description. It should be whisper quiet. I would take it to the DME or wherever you purchased it from and get them to replace it under warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

Thank you very much. I have already contacted Philips and I will make sure that they check out the machine. We will try to directly deal with the manufacturer as the hospital keeps telling us that the noise is normal. From reading your comments I can tell that this is not the case.

Thank you for the sharing the link. It seems as we have the same issue. I will make sure to comment and I hope that we can somehow sort this out as otherwise we are happy with the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know I'm really late to the party on this topic, but I thought I'd add my two cents in.
Actually, a right sleeping position can help you get rid of snoring. It worked for me so I hope it'll solve someone's problem also. How I learned from my doctor, snoring is caused by restrictions in your air passages (primarily when you sleep on your back). Recently, I've found out how bad were mattresses I had my whole life and I REALLY feel for the ones who slept with me in my past (:
So if you find a mattress that lets you comfortably and healthy sleep on your side or even stomach, you're super high chances not snore anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 573 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 429 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,417 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,148 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 586 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.