Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still struggling with Resmed Aircurve 10 vpap auto after 7 months
Still struggling with Resmed Aircurve 10 vpap auto after 7 months
I have tried adjusting "three" settings on my machine for the past 7 months. PS changes in ranges from 2 to 4, min epap changes from 6 to 7, and max Ipap ranges from 20 down to 14. My 95% for Ipap is 12, and for Epap it is 9

No matter what I change, each month I get, 50% of centrals <5, and 30% of AHI<5. All other times my centrals and AHI values are >5 throughout the month as high as 10 and 16, respectively at times.

As one can see, my AHI monthly values are sh**ty. My average obstructive values are 1 to 2 no higher. My centrals are the big number. I am really curious if I am now wasting my time with vpap and should seriously consider ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still struggling with Resmed Aircurve 10 vpap auto after 7 months
I would suggest posting a sleepyhead plot and let us take a look at it
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still struggling with Resmed Aircurve 10 vpap auto after 7 months
I agree with PoolQ, we need to see more details.

Were you originally diagnosed with obstructive apnea, or was there some central apnea (mixed apnea)?

Are you by any chance using a heated hose? I tried using one once and it raised my central apnea index significantly. Too much PS does that to me, too.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 5 118 Today, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,102 Today, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 66 Yesterday, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,286 Yesterday, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 6 140 Yesterday, 08:19 AM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 235 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 277 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.