Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still tired with CPAP
RE: Still tired with CPAP
Sometimes CA may increase if your pressure varies quite a bit. If the cap at 10 Max doesn't address it, we'll look at data and try to diminish pressure changes a bit more.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello !

Indeed, you seem right, it looks, I don't tolerate high pressure.

I really wonder what does this cycle matches (Asleep when pressure is high awake when pressure is down?)

Note : on second part I didn't manage to sleep (AHI is 0) however pressure went high I am not sure why.

I think the Autoset overreact on my flow limit, maybe I should give a try on AutoSet soft response setting ?

Many thanks Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Tried a new setting this night : 

Mode : Autoset
Response type : soft
Min pressure : changed from 7.0 to  7.4
Max pressure : 9

It looks max pressure is way too high. I am not far from constant pressure

It's impressive to see this consecutive Central Apneas

It's so sad I can't set Pressure support between 0 and 1. I thought of changing the unit to hPa hoping the EPR will follow the unit chosen but 1hpa > 1 cmh2o Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, does either of these last 2 setting groups make you feel comfortable while asleep? Are the CA or maybe some other aspect impacting sleep comfort. Some PAP users must just accept some CA but keep them in exchange for better sleep with PAP therapy. In other words, our new plan of attack is settings that you felt were most comfortable to sleep with. OSCAR numbers are the means to see what the therapy does and where problems may exist, but the goal is not to get zeros all across the chart, but to minimize things to a level that you can sleep comfortable. So where was it more comfortable, this recent Soft response or prior? The one where you were more comfortable is the one to go with. We can still revisit the settings to adjust as your body gets used to PAP.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am pretty confortable while asleep with all these settings above. It was a little less confortable when i raised the minimum pressure to 7.4 and changed to soft response type, I even think it would be OK with min pressure at 6, and EPR made it better i had less sensation of forcing to breath) however I can easily deal these settings.

What makes it a bit complicated is that I don't have easily identifiable symptoms (like pain in the head, globally I am sure I feel better than before first use of APAP 4 months ago but I haven't waked up a morning feeling fully rested either) That's why I rely a lot on OSCAR and try to figure out what might have gone wrong.

I always used Autoset mode with normal response type except yesterday (I mentioned and will mention it explicitly each time to make it easy to follow).

Thanks a lot for your great help, you're really changing my life ! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I continued my quest of better nights  (I bought a Full Face Mask meanwhile thanks to reviews on your board  Wink   it's really comfortable  ) 

I finally thought I found the great setting for me the day before yesterday I had a really refreshing night    with the following settings CPAP mode at 7.0 EPR OFF. Dancing 
I kept the same exact settings the following night, but it was not as good with 4.6 AHI.

Considering this bad night and looking at OSCAR I don't really know how to adjust the settings to myself

Do you think I should give a try with this exact settings to find out wether it was an exceptional day ?

Considering the pressures, I don't know which direction to go (CA and Hypopneas are quite evenly distributed)

Do you think a VAuto machine might help in the future? (to play with trigger sensitivity / PS between 0 and 1) ?
Do you think a ASV machine might help in the future ? (As it seems to handle pretty much any breathing difficulty?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your fixed pressure seems very good the remaining events are all CA's there is nothing you can do about the CA's and they are consistently inconsistent and will vary from night to night if your sleep is disturbed they will be higher
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes jaswilliams is correct. CA/central apnea are consistently inconsistent, giving down one night up the next. And with your PAP machine the best action we can take is to Avoid them. These CA should normally not be too disruptive, but there are some PAP users that these are disruptive. Are they hindering your sleep? Without looking at the data for a minute, did you sleep badly with the higher CA?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 454 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 158 03-28-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 278 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,374 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 267 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter
  tired during the day kwolsen 3 175 03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 309 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.