Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still trying to find a new mask...
Still trying to find a new mask...
Hoping some of you can help me out here.

I've been using an ultra mirage ii nasal mask for years and, of course, they discontinued it.

Every other mask I try makes me feel air-starved.

I notice that all these new masks have smaller apertures and tubing, whereas the tubing and inlet for my ultramirage ii is bigger (22mm).

So our sleep doctor (through my wife, who also sees him) suggested to call his office and try and bump up the pressure. of course, via this board, I know how to do that myself... now here's where it gets interesting...

Today I noticed on my system one 50 series that at some point I had changed the tubing type to 15, instead of 22.

So I played around a little and I think I have myself convinced that if I set at 22, I'm airstarved even with UM2.

Therefore, now I'm wondering if I tweaked these the right way, perhaps the *new* masks (I've tried *so* many) would actually feel right.

My original bipap settings were 17/11 and set a looong time ago. It wouldn't surprise me at all if I needed those settings.

But pressure and airflow are typically inversely proportional. So now none of it makes sense to me!!

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I can only keep these ultra mirage going so long and then I'm going to be SOL!

Thanks in advance - you guys are always super helpful. I know I'll at least learn something, if I don't flat out get it solved. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,222 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 332 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Was sick for a while and didn't use my PAP machine for about two weeks. Now I find my JonZ333 1 332 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Will lofta help me find the right pressures? Swsch2985 6 458 12-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 460 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.