Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still tweaking Resmed Aircurve Vauto
Still tweaking Resmed Aircurve Vauto
After using APAP for 17 years it began to become ineffective after moving from Michigan to Denver CO.  My new sleep Dr. ran a new sleep test and put me on bilevel.  Sleep test was AHI 42 with mostly hypopneas and some obstructive apneas with no centrals indicated.   Settings from the Dr. were 5/9 PS 4.  I started on the Resmed Aircurve Vauto the second week of December 2017.

In a former thread, several here gave me input on some of my early charts and setting which I appreciate.  The main problem has been CA numbers.  It has been difficult to get consistently into the under 5 range.

Right now the best range has seemed to be on auto with 6-11 PS 3.  I have two charts from the last two nights.  Thursday night looked pretty good but Friday night CA cluster jumped in again.  Now I am no expert on reading the charts but the one thing I noticed was the CA cluster happened about 3 minutes after the big flow spike around 4:32 am.

I had awakened and turned over to check the time.  In the process my hose came off the mask and hence the flow spike.  I did not turn off the machine but re-attached the hose.  My theory: my pressure was at the high end of the range and as I was going back to sleep the instant higher pressure set off the CA chain.

Not sure if this is the cause but would appreciate any input on the two charts.  Any help or suggestions on my present settings would be appreciated.  I want to be able to keep my AHI consistently under 5.  Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/Wfo5NBT.png

https://i.imgur.com/jMXXCuj.png
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still tweaking Resmed Aircurve Vauto
You seem to not have an OA problem and H is pretty good. CPAP and VPAP are not really tools to treat CA events, but they can affect you. There are really just a couple options here to control CA. You can try to optimize using low pressure support and more steady pressure, or move to a device with backup that makes you breathe when you have a central (i.e. ASV).

My best suggestion is to try 6-10 with PS 2 and see if that helps. Your event rate certainly rises with pressure above 10, and you seem to arouse and stop therapy for a while. Limiting max pressure to 10 and PS at 2 should help, and it's possible you will have to cut PS to 1.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.