Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still using while awake ... after I feel, idk, like I've been on a mountain?
Still using while awake ... after I feel, idk, like I've been on a mountain?
Hi.

So, I've struggled mightily with using my BIPAP (before this, APAP) at night. Now I'm making another try, but I'm starting while just using it while watching TV. IPAP is 8, EPAP is 4.

I feel distinctly different after I use it! I'm not sure quite how to describe it. I wouldn't say I feel refreshed. I wouldn't say light headed. The best I could describe it is like when you're on a mountain breathing in really fresh air.

At first I thought maybe I was hyperventilating because I was nervous, but I don't think that's it.

I should say that I have truly off the charts anxiety (I keep waiting it for it to do me in) and I catch myself not breathing frequently. That makes me think maybe I feel different because I'm actually breathing slowly and consistently?

I just had another thought, which is that when I've used a breathe right strip I wake up feeling sort of the same way. It's a very noticeable feeling, almost a little uncomfortable. But two ENTs have told me I have only a slightly deviated septum that doesn't necessarily require surgery. So I guess idk what to make of that either.

Any thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still using while awake ... after I feel, idk, like I've been on a mountain?
Hi pkersey
I see you have use aircurve10 more then one year.
90% people quit use cpap in one year.

Please continue to use it consistently.

More often than not, people with high AHI need to accept BPAP rather than reject it. With internal acceptance, one can work with BPAP for a long time to regain a healthy state.

Best wishes
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still using while awake ... after I feel, idk, like I've been on a mountain?
Talk to yourself. Tell yourself that the machine is your friend because it will improve your overall health and help to avoid or mitigate numerous other significant medical problems. The hose and mask are part of the friendship. Tell yourself over and over and over until it becomes internalized. Abandon the anxiety. The machine cannot hurt you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly! I told myself the machine was my friend and it was trying to save my life 200 times per night. I'm sold on it! DC
Post Reply Post Reply
pkersey,

What was the pressure on your APAP. Can you post OSCAR data for both machines while sleeping.

The pressure seems low.

Do you have any medical conditions that may affect breathing.

I do not know if breathing while awake is the same as when sleeping. If different can that cause anxiety.

Do you sleep on your back or side.

I have used a APAP AFlex off. Recently I started using EPR I have to talk myself from panicking.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 171 7 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 83 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,010 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 895 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.