Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Still very tired every day even after 8 hours sleep with CPAP
Still very tired every day even after 8 hours sleep with CPAP
Hello fellow CPAPers,

Could you please help? I have been using CPAP continuously for 1 year, yet still feel very tired every morning as if I did not sleep at all, even though my AHI is very low. I have attached my sleep reports from last night.

Thank you very much!
Tony

*** Moderator Note: Corrupted image removed. ***

Images cannot be hosted from a personal computer.  Please either attach them to your post (for CPAP related images only) or use an image hosting service.  For help in attaching images, please review Attaching Images and Files on the Apnea Board.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still very tired every day even after 8 hours sleep with CPAP
Hi,

We cannot see your attachment currently. Please make sure to attach the image by uploading in the "Attachment" section and not with copy paste.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tony,

There is a link in my signature with instructions for posting images.  As AntKo said copy/paste from your computer will not work in the forum.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, pictures did not get attached to my original post. I have attached 2 pictures to this post.

Thanks again for your help1

Tony

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
When I started CPAP, I remember it took about 90 days before I started feeling significantly better. Stay the course. The numbers look great to me, but I am not an expert. Hopefully, one will come along soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
It I have been using CPAP for 1 year, much longer than 90 days. Even though the number looks very well, sometime I even get 0 for AHI. However, every morning I wake up feeling very tired. I have to take a few minutes nap without CPAP on, to be functional for the day.

Thanks,
Tony
Post Reply Post Reply
It shows an hour of time of O2 drop.  That could be to low of a min pressure or it could show you have low oxygen during the night.  The bottom of the left column is not showing the 02 data.  so again, I can't be certain but I have been on 02 supplement for several years and if I don't have it I'm feeling bad the rest of the day.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2022, 02:06 PM)staceyburke Wrote: It shows an hour of time of O2 drop.  That could be to low of a min pressure or it could show you have low oxygen during the night.  The bottom of the left column is not showing the 02 data.  so again, I can't be certain but I have been on 02 supplement for several years and if I don't have it I'm feeling bad the rest of the day.

Hi Stacy,

I do use O2 supplement (2L/min). I have attached the O2 reports.

Thank you!
Tony

Post Reply Post Reply
I increased the pressure to EPAP=7.8 , IPAP=9.8 and O2=3L/minute last night and feel a little better this morning, but the flow limit is getting higher. don't know what to do.

Thanks,
Tony

Post Reply Post Reply
Could you please advise how to improve my flow limit? Even though I increased PS to 3.0 (EPAP=7.2 and IPAP=10.2), the flow limit is still very high.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 1 44 26 minutes ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 188 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,970 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 159 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help... Brain fog and constantly tired pulseoximeter 4 176 03-18-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: pulseoximeter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.