Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] any Apnitest reviews?
RE: any Apnitest reviews?
In my experience it was great. Easy to use and quick results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you know what kind of prescription you get? Can I choose my machine and mask? Can I use it for any supplier?
Post Reply Post Reply
You get a prescription and can ask for any specific type of mask etc. They did offer me a discounted rate if with their affiliated supplier but you can take it elsewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me share the good and bad news of Apnitest. Good news is as stated in the other comments, they send out a WatchPAT One which is a one time use Home Sleep Test.  It works well and is great for Sleep Apnea diagnosis.  Here is the problem.  That is a "legend" item, meaning, according to the labelling it cannot be dispensed to you without a "Physician Order".  Read the box.  Federal regulation here.  Yet they sell it to you online without such an order.  That is more a problem for them than you. Although based on a number of physicians around the country who are starting to get pulled in front of Medical Boards for doing the same thing, and paying hefty fines, I am guessing this practice may have to stop soon.  Unfortunately, as in this humble writer's opinion, diagnosing an issue is not practicing medicine.  It is giving information.  I believe 23 and Me already fought that battle for us some years ago.  But the physicians are losing, meaning Apnitest may be violating laws against the corporate practice of medicine.   Who knows?  Like I said, this is more their concern than yours if all you want is to see your results.  HOWEVER.... if you want to use the test for insurance coverage you have a problem.  Many insurances need the CPAP order to pay for the CPAP and supplies. But they also need the sleep study to confirm the diagnosis. In almost ALL cases (including Medicare and all of the Blues/Anthem/United Healthcare) they are going to ask for "Face to Face" notes denoting the sleep problems BEFORE the sleep test. So if you go and just get a test online, you will have no such notes, no qualifying order for the test and ultimately no insurance or Medicare coverage for the CPAP and supplies.  You will have to start all over again with a legit Dr.  There are companies who use the WatchPAT One and can work with your physician to make sure all of the t's are crossed and i's dotted to get insurance coverage.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S-11 reviews Bilzer 2 479 05-23-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Call for Soft Collar Reviews Sleeprider 3 1,155 06-23-2020, 09:19 PM
Last Post: ragtopcircus
  Need reviews on report Moin Pathan 11 1,869 04-21-2020, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Moin Pathan
  A few mask reviews cronkster 0 774 10-26-2019, 12:53 PM
Last Post: cronkster
  CPAP Pillow Reviews and Helpfulness lemonbomb 14 2,564 07-31-2019, 08:54 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Question [Equipment] Why are there so many bad reviews of the Philips Respironics DreamStation? bonum.noctem 20 6,354 08-22-2018, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Apneaway
  Any reviews of [url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #34[/url]? CHanlon 8 2,542 07-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Cpapian

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.