Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stimulus checks
RE: Stimulus checks
We got $2400 today also. Some congressmen are now proposing payments of $2000/month for every adult with an annual income of $75,000 or less for the duration of the pandemic. At that rate the may as well distribute monopoly money.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(04-15-2020, 02:05 PM)Melman Wrote: We got $2400 today also. Some congressmen are now proposing payments of $2000/month for every adult with an annual income of $75,000 or less for the duration of the pandemic. At that rate the may as well distribute monopoly money.

Welcome to the future, our own equivalent of "Zimbabwe Bucks" coming to a bank near you--   I actually have one of these, bought from a coin shop as a souvenir of what happens to countries that "print" their way out of a monetary crisis:

[Image: Zimbabwe_%24100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg]

When inflation goes into high gear, you'll want to spend your cash the same day you receive it, because the prices on "stuff" will only go up, up and away.  Heck, prices on everyday items have already gone up significantly since January.  But if we continue down the "Quantitative Easing Road to Oblivion", you'll start to see weekly (if not daily) price increases to keep up with the Monopoly Money distribution.  This is why the "stock market" won't go down substantially in an inflationary environment - stocks are priced in dollars, so stock prices inflate along with every other thing denominated in dollars.  But at some point, the system will collapse since hyper-inflation is simply not a sustainable solution.

At some point, it will become chaotic, and people will want some degree of order in the monetary system.  A "new" order will likely be built to replace the U.S. petro-dollar system.  And it will be world-wide, most likely.  Something the globalist-leaning people have salivated over since 1913.  I think this is the time they'll take every opportunity they can, but they first must placate the citizenry by throwing cash out of helicopters, which everyone enthusiastically grabs up with glee.  Little do they know that the very action of handing out "free money" is what will destroy the existing system, and allow the globalists to set up "their" system.

Interesting times... Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
Still waiting for ours.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
The IRS can't tell me my status because I'm a non-filer. Hurry so I can go to the GigaParts store where my ICOM ID 7100 is $200 off via rebates.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(04-15-2020, 08:29 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: The IRS can't tell me my status because I'm a non-filer

I just got in this evening and put in my info, and it tells me:

Quote:Payment Status Not Available
According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.
For more information on the eligibility rules, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.

I always file a paper tax return every year, including last year, so I'm not sure why it says my payment status is not available.  If you go to their FAQ link & click on "Why am I getting 'Payment Status Not Available'", it says:
Quote:In certain cases, the Get My Payment app will be unable to tell you the status of your payment.  You may receive this message for one of the following reasons:
  • If you are not eligible for a payment (see IRS.gov on who is eligible and who is not eligible)
  • If you are required to file a tax return and have not filed in tax year 2018 or 2019.
  • If you recently filed your return or provided information through Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info on IRS.gov. Your payment status will be updated when processing is completed.
  • If you are a SSA or RRB Form 1099 recipient, SSI or VA benefit recipient – the IRS is working with your agency to issue your payment; your information is not available in this app yet.
You can check the app again to see whether there has been an update to your information.  Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there’s no need to check back more frequently.

None of those bullet points apply to me, so I'm not sure why I'm seeing "Payment Status Not Available".
But then again, it's the government, so I'm not surprised.   Oh-jeez
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, this is a common error message, and my daughter got the same one. We tried to help, but were unable to get useful information. You can search the error message 'payment status not available' and you will see this is being experienced by a lot of people, and IRS denies they have a problem on their side. I think this will work out in the next couple days, but it's worth checking back daily to see if you can submit your information. The sticking point for us was the filing date, which apparently has to match up at this point.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
My oldest daughter had the same trouble. You just have to keep trying.

Stress is what we don't need right now, but stress is what your going to get when dealing with the government.

They are so ill equipped to handle all of this, not to mention they're out of touch with how the average person lives.
OpalRose
www.ApneaBoard.com

OSCAR Chart Organization

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Copy. I'll check it to see if something pops up. This is an odd year as is with my SSDI starting and all that. IRS - Infuriating Rotten System

Hey the good news is Geico says I can save 15%...I doubt it. My Nationwide car Ins. is $35 monthly with required coverage and optional deer, theft, vandal coverage on my T-bird. BTW Nationwide sent me an email that they're sending car policy holders $50 back in a few weeks with no action on customer.

Folks may wish to check in with their car insurance provider to see if they're giving COVID discounts.

COVID-19-ish.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So you are covered if a deer steals or vandalizes your car? That is fantastic coverage! Are you covered for alien abduction as well?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
It is time for me to stay indoors if deer want to vandalize my car. They must be upset I used to be a deer hunter in my teens.

FWIW here's a fun image of deer hitting police car.
[Image: pAosPxh.png]

PETA wants us to know the deer landed and scampered off into the trees.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stimulus Package Melman 5 288 03-26-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.