Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stimulus checks
RE: Stimulus checks
We got the letters from the IRS saying we would get checks. Our 2018 refund (about $200) came by check - guess that's what happens when you don't file until Feb of the next year. BTW, already filed by 2019.

On a sad note, saw a news item today about one of the COVID-19 victims. Seems a Nigerian prince died of it and when they check his residence they found billions of dollars waiting to be distributed.

Thank you ladies and germs, I'll be here all week (and then some)
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I bet that was "my friend" that needs plane ticket money to return on a surprise trip where he ran out of money. Has no clue what to do, can't find his way around a foreign country. But lo and behold we're saved! There's Western Union!

Eat-popcorn
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We just got notice that my mother-in-law who died in January is getting a stimulus check because she has filed electronically in 2018 and 2019.  According to WTAE website, these checks are not required to be returned, so it becomes part of the estate.   Dont-know

https://www.wtae.com/article/dead-people...s/32163224

Quote: PITTSBURGH —
Around now, you might be sending money to the IRS or filing for a tax refund. But this year, there's now also coronavirus tax relief headed to you. Pittsburgh's Action News 4 spoke with one expert about what happens when that relief is sent out to somebody who's passed away.
The first of the coronavirus tax relief is going out in the name of anybody who filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return. We asked tax attorney S. John Kelly with Strassburger, McKenna, Gutnick & Gefsky if there's anything potentially shady about money going to the name of a taxpayer who's died since filing those returns.

"No. There's no restriction on the use of the funds. It's just a matter of making sure you're authorized to cash the check on behalf of the deceased," Kelly said.
Does the money have to be returned?
"No, it does not have to go back," he said.
If a check arrives for someone who died, what do you do if you're a surviving spouse or handling the estate of someone who died?
"With the recipient of the paper check, if the person one the check is no longer alive, then the executor, the executrix, or the administrator of the estate is the only one authorized to sign that check," Kelly said.
And what if the money shows up as a direct deposit?
"The short answer is, if the person received an electronic deposit, then the person who has access to the account is able to in essence withdraw the funds," Kelly said.
During the Great Recession, stimulus checks went out to 72,000 taxpayers who died. 41,000 of those checks were returned to the IRS.
"People should feel comfortable taking advantage of the money that's given to them. And I'm sure everyone today has good use for the funds," Kelly said.
Pittsburgh's Action News 4 submitted a request to the IRS for comment on Kelly's tax advice but the agency has not yet replied.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went back to the IRS "Get My Refund" site today. In the past, the info. I provided didn't match the info. the IRS had on file for some reason. I tried like at least 4, maybe 5 times, and kept getting kicked out.

I went back in, and put in the same information as I did in the past, and it was accepted. This time, I got a step further and it asked for some of our tax info., as well as our bank's checking routing and account info. I gladly provided that.

My attempt this time, was successful.

So.....if any of you have experienced the same problems as I did, go back in and see if it has changed for you. [Image: upthumbs.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(04-16-2020, 11:56 AM)Homerec130 Wrote: We got the letters from the IRS saying we would get checks. Our 2018 refund (about $200) came by check - guess that's what happens when you don't file until Feb of the next year. BTW, already filed by 2019.

On a sad note, saw a news item today about one of the COVID-19 victims. Seems a Nigerian prince died of it and when they check his residence they found billions of dollars waiting to be distributed.

Thank you ladies and germs, I'll be here all week (and then some)

Just found out I was related too him.... they'll be sending me a small portion (guess I'm 1/2563 parts Nigerian... who knew) of the estate, directly to my account.  Maybe it will beat the IRS check....  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the get my payment site. It tells me to wait because the IRS is waiting on Treasury to create more Monopoly money. Treasury is using a new Tandy 1000 with a gamers overclocked 286 processor, 8 bit sound, and a color CRT, with optional 5 1/4" floppy drive.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2020, 02:40 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I used the get my payment site. It tells me to wait because the IRS is waiting on Treasury to create more Monopoly money. Treasury is using a new Tandy 1000 with a gamers overclocked 286 processor, 8 bit sound, and a color CRT, with optional 5 1/4" floppy drive.

They upgraded. Last I heard they had a Tandy Model 1, Level II.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(05-04-2020, 02:40 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I used the get my payment site. It tells me to wait because the IRS is waiting on Treasury to create more Monopoly money. Treasury is using a new Tandy 1000 with a gamers overclocked 286 processor, 8 bit sound, and a color CRT, with optional 5 1/4" floppy drive.

Dont be so hard on them, I still have one of those on my museum table...  right next to it's replacement an XT 256k ram, 2, 5 1/4 floppies and a 20mb hardrive...
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd trust the old tech Tandy to do its job. The Fed not so much.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply
I was finally able to enter my bank account info on the IRS website and it accepted everything just fine for direct deposit.  That was about two weeks ago. 

Logged in to the site a couple days ago and it said my check was scheduled to be mailed out on May 1st to the address I had on file...

So I guess I was too late to get the direct deposit, and supposedly now, "the check is in the mail".  Thinking-about 

But I haven't been stimulated, yet... so we'll see what happens.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

#apneaboard
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stimulus Package Melman 5 285 03-26-2020, 02:04 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.