Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stomach Sleeper - Can't Sleep
RE: Stomach Sleeper - Can't Sleep
(02-17-2016, 07:31 PM)cobaltpanther Wrote: It was the best investment i made for my sleeping. Sorry for the long post!

It wasn't a long post and would have been easy to read if you hadn't messed around with the font size. Please don't do that, it's bad web etiquette.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning! I am new to CPAP also, and am a stomach sleeper. I use the Respironics DreamWear mask, and with it, the hose is at the top of my head. I am so thankful for this, otherwise, I don't know that I could adjust to CPAP therapy. I haven't had to mess with the hose at all during the night; it's a non-issue for me. Best of luck to you!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have by times been a stomach sleeper, more for injury related issues as it pre-dated my CPAP experience. It's not that tough to do, you just need to adapt your sleep space. Go to a foam store, and have them make you a couple of cushions (you decide the size and configuration).

I used one long one, reaching from my ankles to my clavicle, and about 6" thick to support my body (I let my toes hang down off the end), two small ones that went under my shoulders to keep my shoulders 'back' (back being up in this case, so they weren't falling forward and down with gravity), and a smaller one a few inches think that went between my forehead and the bed. Can you picture this?

In this configuration, I could keep my spine and body nicely aligned, my face was free and I could easily breathe, and I would sleep soundly through the night.

If you did similar, and just planned enough face space for your mask, you'll be all set - it will be easier in fact, as with the hose, you'll have a supply of fresh air reaching your face even if you don't leave enough space for air circulation.

Oh, how much foam depth you require will depend on the density of foam you find comfortable. Me, I find the firm the most comfortable so even with a couple hundred pounds of me, it doesn't compress very much.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 402 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,158 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  airfit: switching to P30i for side sleeper from P10??? rebean 2 554 09-28-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: rebean
  Leaks and mask displacement for side-to-stomach sleepers. Tape down nasal pillows? Bostonsnow 0 637 08-13-2023, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.