Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stop Therapy Question
Huh. I use auto-stop and auto-start all the time! Even when I get up once or twice a night for a potty run. It works wonderfully for me. Different brand machine from OP, but similar to some of the other posters.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried that feature early in my treatment, and it didn't work that well.

It is just as easy to hit the knob to turn on and off. My 2 cents. Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a big difference in the speed that Autostart/ stop works between Resmed and Respironics. Resmed starts at the first breath, while Respironics takes several good strong breaths to start. Removing the mask on Resmed, the machine will stop in 10 seconds, while Respironics takes 30-45 seconds to stop.
Post Reply Post Reply

(09-13-2016, 05:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: There is a big difference in the speed that Autostart/ stop works between Resmed and Respironics. Resmed starts at the first breath, while Respironics takes several good strong breaths to start. Removing the mask on Resmed, the machine will stop in 10 seconds, while Respironics takes 30-45 seconds to stop.

Sleeprider, thanks for the explanation.

It did seem to take a long time to get my PR machine to start, and that explains why I didn't care for the feature.

I had to breath really hard to get it to get it to start.
Too much work! Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2016, 07:23 PM)OpalRose Wrote:
(09-13-2016, 05:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: There is a big difference in the speed that Autostart/ stop works between Resmed and Respironics. Resmed starts at the first breath, while Respironics takes several good strong breaths to start. Removing the mask on Resmed, the machine will stop in 10 seconds, while Respironics takes 30-45 seconds to stop.

Sleeprider, thanks for the explanation.

It did seem to take a long time to get my PR machine to start, and that explains why I didn't care for the feature.

I had to breath really hard to get it to get it to start.
Too much work! Oh-jeez

I have the same problem. I turn the machine on manually even though I haven't turned Autostart off. I feel like I'm not getting enough air if I wait on Autostart.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
I just used my Resmed S9 back-up machine for the first time last night. The difference between Resmed and Respironics auto start/stop is night and day. Respironics should just remove this feature. I was amazed at how natural and useful the Resmed version was.
Post Reply Post Reply

For me the auto feature is great on the ResMed, on my Respironics it takes a while to start and stop. If I use the Respironics I shut it off with the button. As others have said, the ResMed is almost instantaneous. This actually sold me on the ResMed. I have the AirSense 10 Auto and the Dreamstation Auto and switch between them, but the AirSense gets more use.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a control freak, so I use the button. Also, the SH graphs show a nice clean stop point, followed by a new ramp when I turn it back on.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ear Ache & Sinus Headache - Just started CPAP therapy Lou28 9 196 03-15-2017, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Attila
  Pills so I can stop napping? sleepytimegal 7 357 02-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: TurdFerguson8675
Ohmy Stop Simplus hose swivel from squeaking? Russatrice 7 314 02-06-2017, 02:14 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  O2 Therapy With Sinus Issues JoeFromSD 13 534 02-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  [Health] Can cpap therapy help to overcome erectyle disfunction? juanjo 6 499 01-31-2017, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Ironman
  Make the Beep stop?! quickerNu 1 162 01-30-2017, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised [Treatment] How do I stop periodic breathing??? Rcgop 17 1,099 01-28-2017, 01:46 AM
Last Post: archangle