Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stopped breathing for 20+ seconds multiple times. Please look at my chart?
Stopped breathing for 20+ seconds multiple times. Please look at my chart?
Hi,

this is the first time I actually slept with the mask the whole night. Other nights were only 3-5 hours.

Even though I stopped breathing multiple times throughout the night, I actually felt much rested than other days. I'm sorry That I have my o2 seperate of the actual results. I don't have the o2 sensor that you guys use. But as you can see my oxygen only went down to the low 90's (92) one single time.

Resmed oscar chart:

o2 chart:

Example of when I stopped breathing for 20+ seconds:

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Stopped breathing for 20+ seconds multiple times. Please look at my chart?
Please use the "F12" key to take a screenshot in OSCAR.   It will collapse both the calendar and pie chart so more informative information can be displayed.  Also, you can open the "Events" tab, on the left, and expand each event type.  This will show the event length, in seconds, within parenthesis.

What type of oximeter are you using? OSCAR allows of data importation from several models.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of the events are CA which is rarely a problem for oxygen saturation. In fact most CA like this is caused because you have not adapted to the increased ventilation of CPAP and these events will normally stabilize and diminish as you adapt. This looks like very good therapy and a good start that has mostly eliminate obstructive events. Pressure is varying within a narrow range which suggests pretty good settings, close to optimal. I'm sure you will become more comfortable as you become more accustomed to the mask and pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are my events:

For anyone wondering I'm using a Wellue o2 ring the orange one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You only "Stopped" breathing for 9-10 seconds, the remainder if the central eveny is the preceding waxing and waning that is typical of CO2 induced/Treatment-Emergent Central apneas.

Will you provide us with all of your settings, or eliminate both the Calendar and Pie Chart so tyour settings will show.

Note that event durations in Sleepyhead are often incorrect. One of the man things fixed in the current version of OSCAR, including an easy screen shot without having to disable then enable the calandar and piechart by useing F12 to take the screenshot.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you upgrade to OSCAR v-1.1.1 you will be able to import and merge your Wellue/Viatom data with your sleep data.  Also, SleepyHead was making certain "assumptions" that were not actually being reported by your CPAP.    I strongly suggest that you upgrade to OSCAR to get a more realistic analysis.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-17-2020, 10:06 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you upgrade to OSCAR v-1.1.1 you will be able to import and merge your Wellue/Viatom data with your sleep data.  Also, SleepyHead was making certain "assumptions" that were not actually being reported by your CPAP.    I strongly suggest that you upgrade to OSCAR to get a more realistic analysis.

I will do that ASAP Smile. Sorry for bothering yall. This is all so confusing. Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just moved everything to OSCAR and my o2 sensor data:

These contain all the charts INCLUDING o2 data and pulse rate:

Events tab: 

Post Reply Post Reply
Well it's safe to say you have no problem with SpO2 and can just do periodic monitoring if you want.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 27 591 13 minutes ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 8 158 Yesterday, 02:54 AM
Last Post: RobertGeorge
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 78 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 126 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 140 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 485 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 389 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.