Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stopping Win 10
I have two machines running Win 7 pro 64 bit.
I've tried to stop all updates that even suggest win 10.
I have used the group policy editor to stop OS upgrade.
The GWX.exe is on neither machine.
KB 2952664 and KB 3035583 are not on either machine.
I hid them.

So, On one machine I have the billboard on the Windows Update that says -- Reserve your copy of Win 10. On the other machine, it's not there. I'd like for it to be off the other machine too.

Can anyone suggest an update that I missed blocking that would have put that billboard their?

I have used up my Google-fu.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you look at these posts starting on Page 7: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-10?page=7

Also you can compare the updates installed on each computer. Start > type in search: installed updates and compare the lists. I currently have 587 updates installed but I stopped updating when M$ started sneaking in their telemetry malware.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
If all else fails, there is a registry key that can help. If the key exists, create the Dword and set it at 1. If the key doesn't exist, create it.

[Image: rt3y51.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Some may prefer to do it without actually drilling through the registry. Just create a notepad file with the script below in it and save it with the name No210.reg then double-click that file and allow the change:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Gwx]
"DisableGwx"=dword:00000001
Post Reply Post Reply
KB 2952664 and KB 3035583 were on the other machine. I uninstalled them; then hid them.
The billboard is gone. HooRaa

Since both machines are the pro version of W7, they have the group policy editor.
I had already used it to prevent upgrade to newer OS.

I just wanted that dang blue billboard off the Win Update screen.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is another registry entry one can try:

To block the upgrade to Windows 10 through Windows Update, specify the following registry value:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
DWORD value: DisableOSUpgrade = 1

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

In one of the ZD-net mailings I get, there was an article that starting this past Monday (Feb 1) Win 10 would be pushed as a recommended update to anyone with Win 7 or 8.1. They did make a note that if you had completed a registry hack to bypass, you won't see the push. Supposedly it will be done incrementally.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2016, 01:50 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: ...it will be done incrementally.

Some of the worst events in history were pushed incrementally by despots and tyrants.
Post Reply Post Reply
justMongo,
Here is the list of updates that need to be removed. I've compiled them based posts made throughout the internet. Some disable the "report back to big brother" and some are Win10 prep files.
I hope they may help.

KB2952664
KB2977759
KB3021917
KB3022345
KB3035583
KB3068708
KB3075249
KB3080149
KB3083324
KB3083710
KB3090045
KB3112343

surferdude2,
Thanks for the registry hack.
Apnea Helpful Tips
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks Red. I'll double check these.

I only update to Win 7 machines in 2014.
If I had know MSoft would try to push down W10, I would have just stayed with XP.

I notice many doctors offices still run XP.
Post Reply Post Reply