Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stopping Win 10
http://betanews.com/2015/09/11/remove-un...ndows-8-x/

That may help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2016, 08:34 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: http://betanews.com/2015/09/11/remove-un...ndows-8-x/

That may help you.

Did the trick, thanks Dude
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2016, 03:10 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I'd hold off on this download for a little while. I tried it and it locked out my update control panel, restore point, and started downloading Win10. I noticed a lot of outbound traffic to various ip's on the firewall after it was installed. They were all targeted to port 80 on each ip. Snort caught them and basically shutdown all internet requests.

I hope I'm the oddity.

Must be, none of that happened on mine.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

M$ has taken a page out of the Washington playbook and is burying snoopware in the upgrades for win7 and greater. This "feature" is so varied and prolific you won't be able to remove them all and some will stop your system if you do. I came across a donationware program that allows them to run but sets the IP to 0.0.0.0 so they don't go back to the mother ship. If you're interested in this software, try googling "safer-networking spybot anti-beacon".
Post Reply Post Reply
Found it. I've not looked into it thoroughly. Are you sure it redirects to 0.0.0.0 ?
Back on my XP machine, I blocked everything FaceBook in the HOST file by redirecting to 127.0.0.1 which is the local host; i.e. -- the machine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2016, 03:55 PM)justMongo Wrote: Found it. I've not looked into it thoroughly. Are you sure it redirects to 0.0.0.0 ?
Back on my XP machine, I blocked everything FaceBook in the HOST file by redirecting to 127.0.0.1 which is the local host; i.e. -- the machine.

I was repeating a review that I had read. You are probably right since a 0.0.0.0 address usually throws an error. Either way Micro Scrupulous doesn't get the info.
Post Reply Post Reply

Update:
SpyBot Anti-Beacon does set all M$ URLs to 0.0.0.0. I found the listings in "Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts". Nothing like burying this file. Also, Microsoft's Security Essentials will see these entries and will try to either quarantine the file and/or send a report back to Microsoft. I would recommend adding an exception for this file in Security Essentials.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's so annoying, isn't it?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's Microsoft's latest ad:
[Image: Windows%2010_2.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Looks more like an airplane designed by students under Common Core.
Post Reply Post Reply