Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Pmullins
Exclaimation 
Pmullins
I'm 63 year old male who has no insurance and has sleep apnea. My cpac was broken and came up missing when we moved. I'm on social security and no Medicare and need a cpac but very little money, help I want breath again tks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pmullins
I would think SS disability would help pay for that, but it might take 18 months to get them going.
Sad

Someone recently posted a whole batch of resources though.
Check with your local Lung Association,
Local pawn shops often have CPAP's I hear.

Check this post for details:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Cpap-is?page=2

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Pmullins,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Check the link in Shastzi's post, it has lots of information in it that may help you. You can also check Supplier #2 on this board for gently used or open-boxed machines they have great prices on them.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2013, 09:25 AM)Pmullins Wrote: I'm 63 year old male who has no insurance and has sleep apnea. My cpac was broken and came up missing when we moved. I'm on social security and no Medicare and need a cpac but very little money, help I want breath again

I bought my first CPAP used on Craigslist for $300, a top of the line model with very few hours on it. You can get older models on Craigslist for lots less. And no prescription is required for such transactions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 on the Supplier list sells used standard CPAPs real cheap. I'd give them a call and explain the situation to see what they can do for you. I'm assuming you have a copy of your prescription; if not, Craig's List might be an option.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are on Social Security Disability, you automatically qualify for Medicare 18 months after you were diagnosed as being disabled.

Otherwise, I would take advantage of the CPAP Supplier List, Craigslist, or local pawn shops.

Best of luck to you.

Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.