Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Strange Oscar Behavior - What Happened to All My Data?
Strange Oscar Behavior - What Happened to All My Data?
This morning, like any other, I started Windows. Then I took out my SD card, moved the slider to the locked position as usual, inserted it in the SD slot, and started Oscar.

All I got was a blank window, but eventually it displayed the main screen with my profile. But when I went to import from the SD card it acted very differently from in the past. In fact, it wanted me to create my profile as though it had lost everything. And I am afraid it did, because not only that, there is no Oscar data folder in my documents.

Am I totally toast or is there something I can do? I had over five years of detailed data.

Note the card only has a couple of days on it. Two days ago the ResMed "grey screened" but it went away before I could grab my glasses. This was very unusual, and I suspect it reformatted the card or something.

But why would something like that cause Oscar to lose all my history?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Strange Oscar Behavior - What Happened to All My Data?
First validate where you OSCAR_Data directory is located. It should be a sudirectory under you Documents directory. Now start OSCAR, got to the Help > About OSCAR. On the right should be a link named, "Show data location", or something to that affect. Click on it and see if it matches where your directory is located.

Once you have done that please report back here.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I found it. I must have defined OSCAR(CPAP Data) in a non-standard location when I installed it. It is in a directory that I always backup.

OSCAR did not know where to find the SD card, I had to tell it and successfully imported the last couple of days.

I know it keeps backups, is there a way that I can access my older detailed data?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! Your backed up data files are located in the OSCAR_Data/Profiles/Your User Name/CPAP Name_Serial Number/Backup. OSCAR stores the raw data in a format that looks like your SD card. The only difference is OSCAR adds an additional directory under the DATALOG directory for the year.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like the events data are all there under the profile directory, as is the "machine." But according to the debug log (attached, I think) there is no "machine" - it created a new "machine" directory in the profiles directory. 

Any suggestions how to recover?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 5 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 95 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.