Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Occasional Periodic Breathing
Question 
Occasional Periodic Breathing
I have been having occasional episodes of periodic breathing. I will go several days without having them and then have a day or two when I have 1 to 3 events per night (usually 1). They are usually between 2 to 3 minutes long. My most recent occurred last night. It was a single event lasting 2:36 minutes.

Is this anything to worry about?
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Occasional Periodic Breathing
Never mind. robysue eloquently answered this question in another post by Hmm888 earlier this morning.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
For those looking for my post to Hmm888, here is a link: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid158408
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting the link, robysue. I need to remember to link to posts I refer to.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 45 1,130 6 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Alternative Therapy to CPAP (Nasal Breathing) Wcwilson 1 150 03-07-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 513 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Nasal Breathing / Septoplasty questions Ptee8899 7 385 02-13-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 221 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 489 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.