Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Strange feelings
Strange feelings
I am new to this. I am having a feeling that I am not exhaling all the way. Also the feeling I am not getting enough air even though the machine is  at max20?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Strange feelings
What is the exhale relief set to? That is called the EPR on the ResMed machines.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Its set to 3. If i understand it rhat is as high as it can go 1 is lowest.
Post Reply Post Reply
your lung sacs don't fully collapsed on cpap, I got use to that in a week. A low ramp or minimum pressure will make you feel like you aren't getting enough air. 6-7cm should fix this.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I already bumped lower pressure to 6.  I have the lack of air seems lime all the time. By i do fall asleep that way though
Post Reply Post Reply
You are really going to need the detailed data provided from Sleepyhead. Without that it is nearly impossible to tell what is going on. Which of the AirSense machines do you have, it is identified down on the lower right side of you machine. Did you have a sleep study and a titration study by any chance, or are you flying alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 09:20 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: I already bumped lower pressure to 6.  I have the lack of air seems lime all the time. By i do fall asleep that way though

Please fill out your profile with exact machine name. If you are using an Apap, what is your pressure range? From your post, sounds like 6-20? Do you know your median and 90% pressure?

Download #SleepyHead software, then use the tutorials in my signature line to organize your graphs and upload here.

Once you do that, we can take a look at your data and see what is going on.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am currently doing titration. The last nite is this Thursday.  At that time i was llbe gettinrg airsense 10 auto. I will supposedly getting it next week. Right now it is airsense 10 auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
so you are getting the same machine on thursday. the airsense 10 auto? If not I'd be making sure it's the one you do get. I wouldn't accept any constant pressure cpap. Do you have copd or any lung condition for the lack of breath? you may need a bilevel machine. sleepyhead will shown your lung volume and flow.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 08:34 PM)Gary1of2 Wrote: I am new to this. I am having a feeling that I am not exhaling all the way. Also the feeling I am not getting enough air even though the machine is  at max20?

arent there settings to adjust how long the inhale exhale lasts and how frequently they occur
these might be in addition to any auto adjusting that happens
also there may be waveform or rampup speed settings that could help
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New VAUTO, strange settings pulmonologist edgnoj 25 1,215 02-22-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  Strange dry mouth patterns bbbl67 2 404 11-25-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: bbbl67
  Oscar Data (Anything Strange?) ShermansMarchingBand 2 454 11-15-2023, 10:45 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Treatment] Strange breathing waveforms on ASV Hrapovik 3 559 06-09-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Apnea23
  Waking Up After ~90 Minutes with Strange Head Sensation MickTravis 3 777 01-20-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ewriter
  Very Strange Breathing Pattern upsman 3 502 09-10-2022, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Really strange mask pressure reading cathyf 4 594 07-14-2022, 08:17 AM
Last Post: cathyf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.