Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto)
Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto)
I have been using Sleepyhead since the Spring of this year. Every 40 days or so the settings change from Bi-level to Auto. That lasts for a day or two then the setting switches back. I am not doing anything differently from day to day. Anyone else have this issue? Any idea what would cause it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Strange issue with my machine (bipap switches to auto)
Not a freakin' clue!

I updated your subject line so the right folks can see it and give you answers.

My guess is aliens.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
This may be a SleepyHead bug. I've seen another user on a different forum posting about the same kind of issue, and over there we've just about concluded that this must be a SH bug. Have you got Encore? If so, it's worth seeing what the data looks like in Encore. Also, you could check the machine's settings via the clinical menu whenever you notice SH saying the settings have changed. In other words, if SH reports that the machine has changed from BiPAP to AUTO, check the settings to see what the machine says it is set to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah Sleepyhead hasn't always reported it correctly for me. Does the actual pressure change on these auto days?
Post Reply Post Reply
yesterday I took a nap from 11:30 to 2. ResScan doesn't show the 30 minutes from 11:30 to 12 (at least not today but it may show it tomorrow but I doubt it because what is missing is from 11:30 to 12 on the 4th; it may have included it on the 3rd since it was before noon) but SH does show it on the 4th.

Post Reply Post Reply
I believe now it is a SH bug. As far as I know, the pressures did not change and settings are shown as bi-level after a day or two (it happened this week for the 4th time which is why I posted now).
Post Reply Post Reply
I've just had a similar issue. I had an S9 for a month or so on hire, then a Phillips for about three weeks and now an S9 VPAP Adapt. Sleepyhead reported everything more or less correctly until I loaded the data for the new S9 and now all of a sudden it's showing the original S9 cycling through CPAP, auto and VPAP on a daily basis. And the pressure toggles between zero and 700. Wierd!!

At least the daily details seem to be OK - it's just in the summary statistics that this problem shows up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2013, 02:03 PM)me50 Wrote: yesterday I took a nap from 11:30 to 2. ResScan doesn't show the 30 minutes from 11:30 to 12 (at least not today but it may show it tomorrow but I doubt it because what is missing is from 11:30 to 12 on the 4th; it may have included it on the 3rd since it was before noon) but SH does show it on the 4th.

Hi me50,

If you downloaded data into ResScan and later the same day (a day starts at what the machine thinks is noon) you use the machine some more, ResScan will disregard the new data, assuming you select "Discard" option when downloading.

If the affected days are within the last 7 days (for which the SD card will still have "High Rate" data and detailed data) it is best to delete in ResScan only the days affected, and then download data from card into ResScan again, always selecting the "Discard" option. Both the previously-deleted data and the new data will be downloaded anew.

ResScan will discard new data for any day it already has any data for, unless the "Overwrite" option is selected, but the Overwrite option can cause you to lose previously downloaded "high rate" data and/or detailed data for the days which the SD card no longer has data for. So I never select "Overwrite".

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Vaughn! That is what I did and it showed up now!
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you checked for pods?

(Attempt at humor -- you have to be old to understand the movie reference.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,023 8 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 11 371 8 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 5 295 04-14-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: pamm777
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 216 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 197 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,469 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,485 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.