Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Strap marks on the face
RE: Strap marks on the face
I, too, got rid of the marks when I switched to a full face mask.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using a FFM and still have marks hours after being awake. I also get them on top of my head. I wear my mask as loose as possible to prevent leaks. I can only sleep on my side and the pressure from the pillow makes whatever side I had been sleeping on deeper then the other side. I think I will try some type of padding.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to see if pads will work without buying them, then cut up an old cotton t-shirt in (2) 6 x 6 squares. Wrap around the mask strap as many times as you can and try it one night. This fixed mine, so I bought the pads.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey folks, I found a mask with NO strapping! TAP PAP nasal pillow mask, available from, I believe Supplier #10. Check it out. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it? I made a search here but found nothing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2016, 08:13 PM)car54 Wrote: I am using a FFM and still have marks hours after being awake.

Have you tried the Simplus ffm?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2016, 10:39 PM)Russatrice Wrote: Hey folks, I found a mask with NO strapping! TAP PAP nasal pillow mask,

Looks similar to what used to be called "No Mask" but now appears to have the name CPAP Pro.

They are held in place by your teeth. There's a part that's like the boil and bite mouth guards.

I've never tried them, but they won't work if you need a ffm.

Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepmaster, I do believe that I have tried the simplus with good results. I keep evolving what I use as something new comes out. I did purchase padding from supplier 31 and it has drastically reduced the impressions. I settled on the camouflage color because they do not seem to have any neutral colors and I do not care for any gaudy colors. The point is that it does work.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I am going to order the plastic strap Wisp. I have the fabric Wisp and it fell apart. I am planning to stick the soft side of Velcro as padding.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I started growing in my beard I see no more strap marks on my face. Check it out, it really works.

All joking aside, I've found with the P10 loosening the straps a bit helps with the marks when I'm clean shaven.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 450 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 340 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,028 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 366 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 581 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 155 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.