Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Struggling - How does it look?
RE: Struggling - How does it look?
Thanks. Set minimum pressure to 6 and ramp to auto. Will see how I do. Thanks again everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep us posted JB. I think that should work better for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
here is a comparison from my previous information to last night...

from charts i previously posted
large leak .04
clear airway 0
unclassified 0
obstructive .73
hypopnea .18
rera 0

from last night
large leak .05
clear airway .37
unclassified 0
obstructive 0
hypopnea 0
rera .56

no obstructive but rera. not sure what that means.

here are my charts

[attachment=12900][attachment=12901][attachment=12902]
Post Reply Post Reply
This looks better. There are still a lot of snores during ramp, but less than we saw at the lower pressure. AHI is simply excellent and we can pretty well ignore the couple of CA events as being sleep transition or movement, and your sleep session was longer with fewer breaks than previously.

RERA is scored when flow limitation ends in larger respiratory flow. The logic is that the "recovery breathing" following inspiratory flow limitation suggests an arousal, or specifically a respiratory event related arousal. The incidence is low here and not a problem. Your median pressure was 8.58/5.58, and your 95% pressure is about 4-cm higher, so pressure variation is reduced from what we saw with the starting pressure of 4.0. I'll let you decide if it was more comfortable, but it appears to be.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I should keep it where it is for now.  Any concerns with flow limitations? Someone along the way here mentioned I should include that in my charts so I have.  Reading other threads, it seems like flow limitations should be flat.

In terms of how I feel. I still feel very tired. I imagine that will get better over time. I wish I could figure out what was causing me to wake up. I feel like I get about 90 minutes or so and then wake up.  I think that is getting better but would love to lay my head down and wake up many hours later. Still not getting restorative rest. But I have only been back on the bandwagon for about a month. I chalk some of this up to my congestion I am dealing with.

Thanks again everyone for the lessons and the encouragement.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limitations are a key to when your machine increases pressure, so it helps to see them in relation to pressure and events. With EPR at 3, there is not much more we can do with flow limits other than increase minimum pressure, but I think it is good to see. I agree that this is a good setting to hold for a while, but also think your minimum pressure needs to be nearly 8-cm for best results. It will take some time for the sleep deficit to resolve, so don't let the sleep disruptions or continuing tired feeling frustrate you. It will come together almost without your awareness.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I have made some pressure adjustments. I have adjusted from a minimum 6 to a 6.2 and then to a 6.4.  I am thinking I will try to continue to make this adjustment up to a 7 as recommended here. 

I am still not sleeping for more than a couple hours at a time and still get up in the morning with that not so refreshed feeling. I know.... it takes time. just keep at it. practice... practice... practice... patience... patience... patience....

With that being said......  Here is last night.

[attachment=13080][attachment=13081][attachment=13082]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 65 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 271 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 223 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  [Treatment] Struggling to reduce Clear Airway events codebread 6 908 02-23-2024, 09:15 PM
  BiPap Newbie - struggling McMartin 6 368 02-01-2024, 10:37 AM
  [Diagnosis] New CPAP User and Struggling BladedWedge 15 813 01-23-2024, 01:45 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.