Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Struggling finding the right settings for flow limitations
RE: Struggling finding the right settings for flow limitations
Last night I slept with Sleeprider's recomendations.
Breathing out was harder and not very comfortable. 
Also I had a lot more aerophagia.
My AHI was a bit lower, but I had this number with my previous settings also several times.
I see that the pressure is not hitting the ceiling of 12 so often anymore, so that's positive.
I had that too when increasing the "Ti Max". (but hen the apneas went up)
I have to say that due to some stress at the minute it was not a normal relaxed night.
Maybe I have to try it some more nights or set the EPAP min a slight bit lower.

16-1-2023 old settings

17-1-2023 adjusted settings

Post Reply Post Reply
There is very little difference between the two night in terms of pressure that would trigger aerophagia, however the lower PS did lower the CA events and did not increase FL. Based on your feedback, I'm going to suggest we lower and stabilize pressure by taking the variable pressure out of the equation. EPAP min 4.8, PS 3.6, Max IPAP 8.4.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2023, 11:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: There is very little difference between the two night in terms of pressure that would trigger aerophagia, however the lower PS did lower the CA events and did not increase FL. Based on your feedback, I'm going to suggest we lower and stabilize pressure by taking the variable pressure out of the equation.  EPAP min 4.8, PS 3.6, Max IPAP 8.4.

Hi Sleeprider,

I didn't expected the aerophagia either.
I agree the difference in pressure is little.
So far i only used the vauto modus,  since it was configthis way. 
Do you mean I have to take another modus or can I just use this values in vauto ? 

Many thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The settings I suggested are in Vauto mode but could be done in VPAP S mode with EPAP 4.8 and IPAP 8.4. I tend to stay in Vauto mode because we get data on flow limits that is not provided in S mode. The idea here is to take pressure variation out of the equation of what is working best.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2023, 12:39 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The settings I suggested are in Vauto mode but could be done in VPAP S mode with EPAP 4.8 and IPAP 8.4.  I tend to stay in Vauto mode because we get data on flow limits that is not provided in S mode.  The idea here is to take pressure variation out of the equation of what is working best.

Ah, I now understand.

Thanks ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

Unfortunately i forgot to put back in my SD card yesterday Unsure
To my knowledge the device should cache the data and write to SD when available, but aparently
it didn't and left me with very little information about last night.

Anyway, no aerophagia anymore and breathing very easy.
Sometimes the feeling i had to suck the air out of it when breathing deeply.

AHI went up a little with some hypopneas. Do we maybe have to raise the IPAP max a little ?

Post Reply Post Reply
The CPAP only stores summary data. The finer resolution data in the sleep data requires the presence of an SD card.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2023, 11:14 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The CPAP only stores summary data.  The finer resolution data in the sleep data requires the presence of an SD card.

- Red

Thanks for clarifying this Crimson .
Post Reply Post Reply
These are the numbers for last night.
I raised the IPAP a bit (10) and aparently the Resmed algorithm decides that the pressure must go up.
Yesterday i had headaches all day and today i woke up with headache.
Not sure if the headaches are related to the new settings, but flow limitations seems to go up  Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

Since i don't got any replies anymore i decided to work out the settings Sleeprider proposed.
Now my settings are:

Modus: vauto
Max ipap: 12
Min epap: 4.8
PS: 3.4
Ti max: 1.6
Ti min: 0.5
Trigger: High
Cycle: Med

And this result in this

[attachment=47288]

My own doctor isn't available for some time, but yesterday i finally could discuss it all with her replacement.

She agreed with the current settings but adviced to leave it and first sleep for some weeks to find out how it goes.
Lately I experimented a lot and i think it's the best achievable for now. 

Thanks all for your assistance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 14 404 3 minutes ago
Last Post: SingleH
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 336 39 minutes ago
Last Post: earnerd
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 14 693 1 hour ago
Last Post: Barefooter64
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 72 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 291 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 266 04-15-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 184 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.