Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Struggling to find a good mask
RE: Struggling to find a good mask
I just ordered a Brevida pack too. Worth trying another nasal mask I guess
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with the P10and changed to the Brevida because I was waking up all night with the P10 as it broke the seal every time I turned over.  The nasal pillows are softer on the Brevida and the seal is much better due to the way it seals around the nose...doesn't seem to move at all when you change positions.  Headgear is pretty similar, the Brevida doesn't seem to stretch out like the P10.  While there is more adjustment capability on the Brevida, the lower back strap is still too big for my head (on the smaller side) so use the clips from the P10 to tighten and also put my hair in a pony which keeps the bottom strap from sliding up.

Downsides--pillows are more expensive to replace.  If you look around you can find cheaper prices on the whole mask than what you quoted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Downsides--pillows are more expensive to replace.  If you look around you can find cheaper prices on the whole mask than what you quoted.

Ouch! I just checked prices here in Canada. The P10 inserts are $20-24 for three depending on size. The Brevida ones are $50 each! Thanks for the tip.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the leakage is around the lower part of the mask, like it is for me, it's because of the chin/face dropping as we sleep.
A soft cervical collar is a big help to support the chin and head to help maintain the seal.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2018, 11:58 PM)CB91710 Wrote: If the leakage is around the lower part of the mask, like it is for me, it's because of the chin/face dropping as we sleep.
A soft cervical collar is a big help to support the chin and head to help maintain the seal.

Hi, Would you have recommendation where to get the collar? or any brand? thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a soft cervical collar at any drug store or online at Amazon or Walmart.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2018, 02:13 PM)Ron AKA Wrote: Thanks for the comments. I can get the Brevida Fit Pack with the two sizes for $115 Cdn, and the P10 Fit Pack for $97. I will let her try my P10 for an afternoon nap and see how it works first. Then I will probably order one or the other.

Cpapoutlet has the P10 or P10 for her fit pack for $95 CAD. Add another $30 for free shipping. I have ordered from cpapoutlet and monstercpap before. Free shipping with monstercpap with $100+ orders.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Cpapoutlet has the P10 or P10 for her fit pack for $95 CAD. Add another $30 for free shipping. I have ordered from cpapoutlet and monstercpap before. Free shipping with monstercpap with $100+ orders.

Thanks for the tips. I will check them all out. I should get some spare inserts for my P10, and I am also considering the purchase of the ResMed 12 volt to 24 volt converter for use in our trailer. I see the minimum for free shipping at cpapoutlet is $125.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2018, 07:32 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: You can get a soft cervical collar at any drug store or online at Amazon or Walmart.

I've found that to be the most comfortable thing that works for me to date. The first one I bought from a local pharmacy was awefull but then I saw one on Amazon being recommended (perhaps from someone on this site) and it has worked well thus far. Not perfect and I'd love to get rid of it, but it's tolerable.
Commercial Link Removed, Instead search Amazon for Caldera Releaf Neck Rest.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
If you do not breathe through your mouth, perhaps try the Fisher & Paykel Eson 2 nose mask.

They don't cover your nose and mouth, just your nose... but unlike nose pillows, the nose mask doesn't blow air directly up your nostrils causing discomfort and irritation to the inner nose lining.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Mini good - Resmed 11 not good r2davis3 2 58 8 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 21 725 9 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Good cervical collar for large (20 inch) necks Fox66 2 69 04-21-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Is my 95% pressure stat good or...? Hone 7 224 04-20-2024, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 6 118 04-20-2024, 03:42 AM
Last Post: erouting
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 18 618 04-20-2024, 01:21 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 217 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.