Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Struggling to use CPAP, suggestions?
RE: Struggling to use CPAP, suggestions?
Hello,

Seeking further feedback on my stats.

Notes:
  • I can get 3-5 hours on CPAP, but then typically take it off, as I'm too congested/annoyed with it to continue. I've tried humidifier attachment, as well as humidifying the room, and Benadryl, but nothing seems to help. Haven't tried the Flonase route yet.
  • I seem to be waking up for no reason during the later hours of sleep. One sleep tech suggested that I might be opening my mouth to breathe, and waking myself in the process.
  • Tried chin strap, didn't like it. Had to keep it too tight to get any effect.
Anything standing out on the attached stats?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your leak rate seems pretty constant and is perhaps just a little misfit where the P10 meets your nose. You might try one size up or down on the pillows and see how that goes.

With your current settings, you are seeing a bit less flow limitation. You might consider raising EPR to 3 and minimum pressure to 7. This also might be a little bit more comfortable.

Definitely try Flonase, and talk to your doctor about additional ways to relieve your symptoms. (For example, my stuffiness comes from allergies, and I use a prescription spray called montelukast in addition to Flonase.)

Finally, I'm puzzled that you report a diagnosis of central apnea. The kind of machine you have doesn't treat central apnea, and yet you are not seeing many centrals. Any chance you could post your sleep study (with identifying information removed)?
Post Reply Post Reply
Crap! I don't know how it was that I posted 'Central', I meant to say obstructive. Sorry.

I will try some of your other suggestion, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries! One other little thought: Lansinoh ointment (made for nursing mothers but great for sore noses) can be slightly adhesive if you apply just a tiny amount to the skin that touches your mask pillows. (Too much, though, and it’ll act as a lubricant.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 418 30 minutes ago
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 4 67 57 minutes ago
Last Post: Jay51
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 542 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 86 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Struggling with settings touwmus 0 107 04-01-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: touwmus
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 359 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.