Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Struggling with CPAP issues
RE: Struggling with CPAP issues
(07-28-2022, 03:54 PM)K2write Wrote: Looking at chin tucking I’m wondering if it’s something related. My mask fits fine when I go to sleep, still in ramp mode. But I find I get annoying leakage in the middle of the night when the pressure is raises.  And one of the things I’ve noticed is that the silicone part, between the rigid plastic and the foam, tends to become inflated by the pressure, causing the mask to become tighter. This not only cause leakage between the foam and my skin but also puts pressure on my jaw, pushing it back. 

If that’s the problem, I don’t know how to fix it. 

I’m already using the AirTouch F20. It’s much more comfortable than the silicone, but also much more expensive.

You'll have to try a different mask. It's pretty common for people to have to try several masks before finding one that works for them. Most insurance providers cover this expense. In fact, when the DME contracts with your insurance company to provide you with a CPAP machine, that includes fitting you with a mask. The mask has to fit!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Struggling with CPAP issues
I may need to go back, but I’m not sure what to ask for. 

The original F30 that I started with fit fine (before going to the EERS system). The problem I had with that was that after a few weeks, the silicone, even with a brand new cushion, got clammy against my skin. 

The EERS increases pressure in the mask so much that I wonder how any mask could fit properly without leaks at both the starting and peak pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 49 Yesterday, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 471 Yesterday, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 192 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 529 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 87 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 231 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  [CPAP] Struggling with settings touwmus 0 109 04-01-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: touwmus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.