Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] RagingBull - Bi-Level Help
RE: RagingBull - Bi-Level Help
First, Your 3 threads all deal with your therapy.  For this reason, I have merged them into one thread.  This provides history of your treatment.  Please use this thread for all posts related to your therapy.  I have renamed your thread, "RagingBull - Bi-Level Help"  .  .  .  Pretty catchy, huh?

I see you are in the "S" mode.  This prevents the AC10 VAuto from reporting Flow Limits.  To achieve the same pressures using the VAuto mode and obtain your flow limits, you need to switch to VAuto and set the following:
Min Pressure 10.4
Max Pressure 17.0
PS 6.6

I feel your pressure support might be excessive.  Displaying the flow limit values can provide an answer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
With Crimson Nape's merge, I see a thread I have previously participated in. When you want my input, that is the first way to get it...use a thread I have already replied to.

RaginBull, look at your settings and look for Trigger Sensitivity. If available, switch to High, and let's see if that's the magic you need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
LOVE the title - Raging Bull is my favorite movie of all time, with Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci - so having my own dedicated thread with that title is a huge honor Smile

@Crimson Nape - In the past (a week ago Big Grin ) I tried enabling VAuto mode and setting the same IPAP/EPAP and PS  in order to see flow limits, and the results were negligible. It barely showed any flow limitations, but i attached a screenshot to this comment in case it's helpful in anyway.

Note the last hour or so i was fully awake just mucking with different pressures, so that's why you see the pressure fluctuations at the end. I'll try using that mode again tonight and see if I get any different results.

I suspect that my nervous system is so sensitive to a subtle flow limitation that I wake up even before the machine can register one. But who knows, just an uneducated guess... what do you think?

@Sleeprider - I already have my trigger set to "Very High". Do you think it's worth changing it to just "High"? Im curious what you think about the heart rate graphs as well on my recent post in this thread. Is that data informative in any way?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
To me, you are over pressurizing.  This is based on your very low flow limit.  If it were me, I would keep the settings of the min and max pressures I recommended but reduce the PS to 5.0.  If the flow limit remains low, drop the PS to 4.0. See how you feel.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm hesitant to drop the pressure support when i see things like this (attached) in my sleep data from last night. The pulse rate is a bit skewed, but that spike correspond with what looks like a RERA to me. No flow limit is reported, despite being in VAuto mode.

I'll try dropping the PS tonight, and keeping the IPAP/EPAP the same like you said. Maybe the over-pressurizing is causing events like the one in the screenshot? Dont-know

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
PS 7.0 is a lot. I have seen members get their PS jacked up thinking it was helping things, but they generally did better when they came back down.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
If you go looking for problems, you will find them. It is the ones that find you that matter. I believe the Wellue/Viatom uses a 30-second window to calculate a pulse rate. If you have the occasional PAC (Premature Arterial Contraction), it can skew the pulse result. Don't sweat it.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I meant "skewed" as in the pulse rate from wellvue is not quite synced with the data in OSCAR. So that pulse spike in my screenshot should correspond with the choppy waveform in the flow rate, but it's slightly behind it.

I dont think these are PACs. I'm having heart rate spikes that correspond with what look like arousals in OSCAR, happening throughout the entire night. 

Also, part of the reason I have the IPAP so high is that it doesn't feel like im getting enough air otherwise. But I'll try a lower PS tonight and see if anything changes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bi-Level Titration Help Norman2195 4 144 05-18-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Norman2195
  Help with moving from Lowenstein APAP to Resmed Bi-Level WisNaeMe 7 456 05-11-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  traveling from sea level to SLC eok361 2 134 04-16-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 207 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,425 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 748 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 700 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.