Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Struggling with humidity problems
RE: Struggling with humidity problems
It just occurred to me that your hose can be kinking and water accumulating in the bent area -- then when the hose is straightened out, the water rushes into the mask. Any kinks and bends in your setup?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I cant use Respironics because their algorithm doesn't feel right to me. I thought Resmed and Respironics were the most used and the "best". I don't know if there are any other good Bipap companies. I will ask my DME about that tomorrow

Wonder if since Medicare "rents" the Cpaps for 13 months if I could change to a different brand since its just been about 6 weeks. I assume if it is decided an auto is best instead of a bipap, they would let me switch to that but I don't know a lot about how Medicare works

On the mask issue the vents are bigger on the F&P 407 than on the other masks and thats the one having the flooding. Hmmm...  The water even sprays out the vents - its just crazy. But the Mirage nasal is so dry my nose just closes up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2018, 06:43 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: It just occurred to me that your hose can be kinking and water accumulating in the bent area -- then when the hose is straightened out, the water rushes into the mask. Any kinks and bends in your setup?

This.

If I get the humidity too high, I'll get a "pop pop" as water collects.  If I then lift and straighten the hose, the water will flood into my mask.
Allowing the hose to loop down below my head worsens this.

My machine is at head-level on my nightstand, but I use a riser to hold the hose up.  I also added a "Hose buddy" to help insulate the hose.
If I am aware enough when I detect the popping, I'll lift the hose above my head, beginning near the mask, then working my hand back toward the machine.   This will generally result in the collected water flowing back into the humidifier reservoir rather than my mask.

I'll knock the humidity level down a bit the next night.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
It’s a little confusing. Some people lift their hoses with no issues and some loop their hoses down and the rest them on the bed. My hose over the headboard was no problem with the S9 Auto.

May be a big problem with the Aircurve. I’m trying taking it off the headboard tonight and see if any improvement. 

I just need to work very hard to not wake up in a panic regardless of what I’m trying. Need to convince my mind that I’m ok and try to calm down. I must be getting some decent sleep because I’m not overly tired during the day. Of course being in a constant state of anxiety kind of overrides any fatigue...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2018, 08:06 PM)bluemom51 Wrote: It’s a little confusing. Some people lift their hoses with no issues and some loop their hoses down and the rest them on the bed. My hose over the headboard was no problem with the S9 Auto.

May be a big problem with the Aircurve. I’m trying taking it off the headboard tonight and see if any improvement. 

I just need to work very hard to not wake up in a panic regardless of what I’m trying. Need to convince my mind that I’m ok and try to calm down. I must be getting some decent sleep because I’m not overly tired during the day. Of course being in a constant state of anxiety kind of overrides any fatigue...

Do you have #Sleephead data -- perhaps posting a chart showing the period when you are experiencing water/panic ... perhaps there is a clue in the flow, pressure, and leak data?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes will be posting a couple on Wednesday
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 84 5 hours ago
Last Post: Hurdsy
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 263 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Dreamstation 2 humidity controls Lesgreen 3 112 04-11-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Lesgreen
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 85 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [CPAP] new AirCurve 10 does not give enough humidity FHTC 8 127 04-09-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 355 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 5 347 04-04-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Humancyclone7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.