Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stubbornly high AHI
RE: Newbie seeking advice on Oscar data - ResMed 10
Let's even out the pressures
Set Min = Max = 12
Post Reply Post Reply
A little problem with that screenshot. Use F12 it will format it by correctly.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Whoops! Sorry ... challenged here! This should work

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You have people working on the centrals that are very good so I will just mention the positional apnea again, if you can get those under control you will be feeling much better. There are several product evaluations on different collars to look at. I will mention the most important measurements are neck size and the distance from chin to your Sternum.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm thinking we're needing to set a static, or nearly static, pressure. As Gideon mentioned 12, you might need to try that. That will diminish pressure swings to nothing. You can accomplish this by Min and Max pressures both being 12.

The Obstructive Apnea and Hypopnea will drop with the additional of a collar.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2021, 06:54 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'm thinking we're needing to set a static, or nearly static, pressure. As Gideon mentioned 12, you might need to try that. That will diminish pressure swings to nothing. You can accomplish this by Min and Max pressures both being 12.

The Obstructive Apnea and Hypopnea will drop with the additional of a collar.

Hi ... Everything seemed good last night .... but unfortuantly my AHI is the highest I've had. The collar seems like a good idea ... I'm ordering one (I live in the Northern Wilds of Canada)  Leaks last night were manageable.

Wondering if I should go back to my original pressures ... 4 to 20?

Feedback most appreciated. 

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Most of your obstructive events are positional. This is why your AHI is at an all time high. Let's see what happens with your collar.

This had little effect on your CA Add EPR = 1 Fulltime and see if we can dent the Obstructive events, especially the flow limits.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi!! Tried changing my pillow setup, and it's a bit better. I've ordered a collar  - it will take a few days to come so I'll send my results for your analysis -  if I may once I have it.. 

I've attached today's Oscar. 

Thanks so much for your help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you feel different or better with straight 12 pressures? This took off 5 from the AHI. Of course it needs to be better for the long-term but we'll take any victory for now.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A little better .... let's see how much difference the collar makes - when it comes. ... Thanks for your help Dave .... Most helpful!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 131 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 710 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,435 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 218 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.