Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stubbornly high AHI
RE: Stubbornly high AHI
I usually start on my back and then to the side .... both sides as the night progresses
Post Reply Post Reply
Positional Apnea that I'm meaning isn't necessarily body position but neck and head positioning that kinks the neck and airway. A soft collar addresses this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I initially looked at my sleep study results, I just looked at the total AHI. With the resmed auto, I found that most of my events are central. So I figured the central apneas would not be affected by position. But they seem to be. I looked back at my original study and the bulk of my events happened while on my back. I believe I know the reason for this. But I'll save that for my thread. Just bringing this up because I noticed that Dharmachef said he has been wearing a collar. So it could possibly be the side he's sleeping on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep sometimes Apnea are strange fellows. Much like the Ducks that supposedly take care of us medically.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

.pdf   June15.pdf (Size: 34.44 KB / Downloads: 0)    

Hope I did these attachments properly ... and there's enough to go on here. 

I made the adjustments, no collar, this pillow.

Seem to have a leakage problem.

AHI high ... 

Advice appreciated. Thanks for the support.

Attached Files
.pdf   June15c.pdf (Size: 37.88 KB / Downloads: 0)
Post Reply Post Reply
Each of the events of Obstructive, Hypopnea are just below 5, which is the cutoff from stating treated or not. CA however are at 7, so they're not close to being treated. Further I don't think this PAP is going to allow you to avoid enough CA to be comfortable or well rested.

The collar should help the first 2 types. I'd we could get those Obstructive and Hypopnea events down, then you'd still be dealing with a mild level of CA. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how you're going to win without ASV to kill off the CA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pardon my ignorance Dave, what's ASV?

Thanks for your help ... I've been abandoned by my Sleep Clinic  because I couldn't afford their 
$2500 for a machine with service package ... besides I think they are ducks too!
Post Reply Post Reply
ASV, adaptive servo ventilator, it's the model that's custom built to kill off Central Apnea, all those purple flagged events. It'll take out all the events once the collar eliminates the positional issue.

Granted it may be that you're not going to be getting an ASV anytime soon, so if me, I'd start making a notebook that states all the symptoms and complaints about the current PAPs failure to treat you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Good morning! 

I'm perplexed. (not uncommon state for me!) I didn't change anything last night and the results were better. 

Any insight appreciated. 

I'm going to try and get another sleep test at a proper sleep lab ... the home test I did is suspect to me, and I feel I need to get 
better assessment and care than I'm getting from the  private "sleep clinic" That may take awhile, so I'll keep tryiong with CPAP
in the meantime.
Post Reply Post Reply
CA events dropped to 3.x vs the prior OSCAR of 7. This is exactly what's meant on the CA that they're consistently inconsistent. Your CA count is on a constant roller coaster, up and down all the time, that's why it's hard to pin them down in lab testing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 701 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,433 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 214 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.