Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stuck with aerophagia?
Stuck with aerophagia?
Hello,

I have been using CPAP for about 1 month and it has been going okay. Recently however I have been experiencing severe bloating (which wakes me up completely) when I sleep with the full face mask and need to expel the gas from my system by either flatulating or burping. I tried switching to a nasal pillows mask (airfit p10), and my aerophagia? has gotten significantly worse. I normally use a cervical collar to prevent chin tucking (but don't know if I experience chin tucking in the first place). The first night I used a cervical collar and the nasal pillows and had a leak rate of around 30 percent and an extremely dry mouth (attached) but with no aerophagia. I went out and bought some good nexcare medical tape which completely sealed my mouth and went to sleep with it, the cervical collar and with the nasal pillows. I completely woke up bloated around 5:20 am (pause in graph) and for some reason took off my cervical collar. My AHI shot way up after that and I had the worst nights sleep I have ever had. Sorry for the rambling. Is there anything I can do to prevent bloating without increasing leaks? I have attached 2 screenshots of my OSCAR data below. It seems like the tape prevented large leaks completely but there was still some leaking in the data. Since the air has no where to go does it go into my stomach? Thanks for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 17 838 04-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aerophagia Help - I've tried everything soozgrrl 2 101 04-15-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: soozgrrl
Gross Aerophagia Pressure Help! ToddAO 2 154 04-07-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New to CPAP, awful aerophagia callamar75 24 884 03-25-2024, 11:26 AM
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,762 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  AHI stuck around 10 PercyA 3 246 02-28-2024, 08:50 PM
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 465 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.