Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stuffed nose and full face mask
On a few occasions I have had a stuffed nose and end up breathing through my mouth (full face mask). Am I still receiving the benefits of the CPAP when this happens? Thank you for your replies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that's the purpose of a full face mask. You may have seen posts recommending using a chinstrap to keep the mouth closed while using a nasal mask, but it's not necessary to keep your mouth closed while using a full face mask. I use a chinstrap, but I'm more comfortable wearing a nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
The purpose of CPAP is to maintain a positive pressure in your airway. Whether that pressure comes in through your nose, through your mouth, or through a tracheal tube is irrelevant.
Post Reply Post Reply

If your mouth is dry in the morning ... you,re probably breathing thru your mouth
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Much higher AHI with a full face mask vas2000 19 492 02-18-2017, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Un-happy face sleep report Joe Fox 28 809 02-11-2017, 07:27 AM
Last Post: RichardVT
  ResMed F20 mask rubs bridge of nose jerrydaw 8 351 02-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Using nasal pillows with cold sores in nose? sleepytimegal 7 310 01-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  [Equipment] full mask mayhem mouthbreathersidesleeper 10 496 01-16-2017, 01:10 PM
Last Post: mouthbreathersidesleeper
Gross Strap marks on the face Russatrice 18 1,091 12-27-2016, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  Moisturizing creams for full mask users Ibiban 3 358 12-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider