Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stupid noob question: Is my new APAP exploding?
RE: Stupid noob question: Is my new APAP exploding?
What kind of filter do you have in the machine, I would open the door and look at the filter, then turn the machine on and see what happens to the filter; does air get sucked in through the filter or does the filter look like it is getting sucked into the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2017, 07:44 PM)Hojo Wrote: What kind of filter do you have in the machine, I would open the door and look at the filter, then turn the machine on and see what happens to the filter; does air get sucked in through the filter or does the filter look like it is getting sucked into the machine?

Dielaughing

I opened the little door....BOO! The Wicked Witch of the West was in there.....

Seriously. All is intact. I'm gonna start calling my hose Old Faithful.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe I’ve figured out what the exploding cyclone is. It’s the escape vents in the mask, not a leak. Man, this thing is dangerous! For some reason, the cyclone only comes out of one of the two vents in the P10 at a time, though the pattern of usage is otherwise quite obscure. And boy, does that wind blast! And it’s loud enough to make me jump out of bed (restrained of course by the hose et al.).

Why would the vents be doing that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Exploding Cyclone??? On a P10?

Why do you think it’s the exhaust vents? How did you come to that determination?

The P10 is one of the most silent masks available. Thinking-about
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, the P10 is very quiet most of the time. Or so I thought! The cyclones are coming out of the exhaust vents. Big time! I woke up twice in the night at the sound of the cyclone (not possible to sleep through all that) and put my fingers up to feel where the wind was coming from. It was the exhaust vents. One time, the air was getting thrown out of the right one and not the left, next time the left one and not the right. I was shocked. Sure as heck didn't expect air to be coming from there, except a little bit of a breeze.

If the mask leaks at the bottom, it does so from underneath and in the middle. I checked. Nope.

This was not a hiss.

Yes, otherwise, the mask is quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience with the P10 is that it is extremely quiet. As others have written at times I have to check to confirm the machine is on as I am barely aware of it.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did a trial run with a P10 for Her that was given to me by my DME.  I made it 10 minutes--the noise of my breathing drove me crazy.  Thankfully no large bangs! Went back to my quiet old faithful Wisp.  Any suggestions on how to quiet it down?  It is worse than the Dreamwear.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a P10 and run it between 21cm to 25cm. I don't hear anything unless it's hitting the pillow. Try hanging it off the edge of your pillow just like you would a full face mask.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think a new mask is gonna have to be in my future, but so far I've been working on the DME to fit me in and the Sleep Center to get my prescription to Supplier #1. For 2 weeks.... 

This cyclone stuff was happening with my P10 even when my mouth was taped shut.....
Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla, Great idea, but I sleep on my back. I'm physically unable to sleep on my side. I have tried 8 different pillow configurations, though.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 135 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,227 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 153 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 227 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 17 927 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New APAP user looking for guidance on interpreting OSCAR Data MildOSAHighRera 8 645 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MildOSAHighRera

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.