Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Success!
Success!
I actually slept for five hours plus last night with my newly acquired P10 nasal pillows and a chin strap! I could not believe it....however, my Air data from Resmed showed only the first part of the night (1 hour or so after which I shut it down before trying again later). I know I should download sleepyhead to see what really happened but I haven't done so yet. Does the air data only show the first part of the night if you put the mask on more than once?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Success!
somnia16,

awesome news! Glad this solution works for you. I'm a P-10 with chinstrap person as well. Love having the light weight mask option versus FFM.

Re: MyAir ... go back and look again now that some time has elapsed. It takes about an hour and a half before the latest session data is uploaded to the mother ship. So I'm guessing the earlier one hour session was already there by the time you woke up, but you may have checked too soon after turning off the machine for the second session to be uploaded and digested into MyAir reports.

very happy for you, breaking through to five hours plus of oxygen rich sleep is going to make a difference. Hope you feel better and better.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it has now appeared and it seems I did well! I see you use the Ruby chin strap, do you like it? while I am heartened by last night's success, I realize that using that combo every night might just cause inevitable chafing despite my use of cream around the nose and olive oil in nostrils.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on your success.

Should you awaken say at 11:30 ; the data collection period is from noon to the following noon.

In my case; when I used MyAir from Resmed, if I looked at the data about 2 PM local time or later; then all the data should have been collected; processed and posted so you can throw darts at it.

The biggest issue is if your sleep is fragmented; it's entirely possible to get some fairly high scores and feel like crud. Also the site doesn't provide you with enough information so you can figure out where you're experiencing difficulties as the data is all aggregate.

In many regards it's like playing Pokémon Go! Always chasing something. Is the data better than nothing? I'm not sure.

Start using the software for your machine and sleepyhead and you'll get a much better picture of what's going on.
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-28-2016, 01:48 PM)somnia16 Wrote: Yes, it has now appeared and it seems I did well! I see you use the Ruby chin strap, do you like it? while I am heartened by last night's success, I realize that using that combo every night might just cause inevitable chafing despite my use of cream around the nose and olive oil in nostrils.

somnia16,

I tried the Ruby chin strap after using a different one that left big lines on my face. The Ruby is made of smoother material and leaves fewer lines in the morning. So I do like it. I have found by experimenting that it works best to put the chin strap on first, then the P-10 strap over the chin strap. YMMV.

You mention putting cream and olive oil around your nose... even on the first night? I would not assume chafing is inevitable with the P-10 pillows unless you had similar problems in the past. I don't use any sort of lotion or oil, and it has never been an issue for me.

If you don't have a history of problems with similar appliances, why not try the new pillows without the cream and oil and see what happens?

If you do have some discomfort on the first try, I would play around with different pillow sizes and adjust the strap tension before adding the goop.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on your success.

I use the P10 with a Ruby chinstrap, also. When I first started using this combination I had to use lanolin to prevent the mask from irritating my nostrils. After a few weeks the soreness disappeared and I was able to quit using the lanolin.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi somnia16,
That's GREAT news, keep up the good work.
CONTINUED SUCCESS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all your comments. I have fair skin so knew that redness might be an issue - I am using the Respironics Deluxe Chinstrap and it is very wide in the area it covers. I suspect that if I use it every night, it may be a problem so may get the Ruby chinstrap. I see there are two of that name on my vendor. Do you use the Ruby-Style Adjustable Chinstrap with Extension Strap?
Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
The ones I have used don't have the extension strap. I have also found I can tuck a pillow under my chin to help keep me from mouth breathing. Also remember that tighter is not necessarily better with most masks and chin straps.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Somnia16 welcome and happy to hear your success!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,633 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,269 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 553 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 905 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Another Collar Success Story MickTravis 12 1,843 04-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Success! joepublic23 2 569 01-31-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: joepublic23
  Anyone have success with Straterra / Atomoxetine Resmed10user 1 756 01-01-2023, 02:03 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.