Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Success?
Success?
Hey guys so I finally am starting to get used to all the stuff I use to sleep. How is my chart looking?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Success?
The obvious part is that events are way down. Describe how you felt after waking up. More rested? When I see AHI stats like this, I believe answers to "How do you feel?" are the tell on how effective therapy is at this stage.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Numbers and graph look awesome. Bravo.

Next up are the 'how do you feel' questions.

Sleep tight,
Damian.
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel pretty good guys not going to lie. Hopefully I can recreate this every night. I think the main change is from taking a hot shower and rinsing my nose with a saline spray to really breathe through the nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good so far. I agree with your thought to recreate it. You need to build a trend and see what data tells you. Still, focus on how you feel during this aspect. Best to ya.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I advised you to add the EPR into your settings, and it appears to have had the desired effect. Leaks look better as well.

We try to encourage members to keep therapy and questions about therapy in a single thread so we can see the history without hunting down your past posts and threads. When you ask about success, don't you think it would have been a good idea to have had the history at hand?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is SleepGains' earlier thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-leak-rate
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that is very true. I am sorry Im new to forums sleeprider, but I have noted it and next time will definetly keep everything in one thread!
Post Reply Post Reply
Another question I had about leaks is, what is a good target? Should I be trying to get that leaks over redline % down? Or do I have to look at the leak rate graph?
Post Reply Post Reply
A few things you can do towards tracking large leaks via edits to your OSCAR leak rate graph: add the large leak red line onto the graph and you could edit the graph scale to something under the 120 shown, maybe about 80 and see what you see. As is, there's a lot of graph real estate of blankness. Lowering the scale increases accuracy of what will display in the graph space.

On your chart in post 1, large leaks were 0.04% as I recall. IMO there's not a battle here to engage in, if that chart represents a normal night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,614 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,895 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 547 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
Cool Success story. ASV - switched from full face to nasal mask 00derek 2 901 11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Another Collar Success Story MickTravis 12 1,842 04-02-2023, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Success! joepublic23 2 569 01-31-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: joepublic23
  Anyone have success with Straterra / Atomoxetine Resmed10user 1 753 01-01-2023, 02:03 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.