Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Respironics Nuance
Humidifier: Remstar Heated
CPAP Pressure: 4-16
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Success with Smart Card Rdr & Win 8.1
Jodi -- what type of memory card does your device use? Smarcard (about the size of a credit card) or SD card (about the size of a large postage stamp)?

Carlos
11-10-2014 09:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Dreamless Offline

Members

Machine: Respironics Bipap ASV advanced Model #1042906
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro Air full face mask
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Jodi,

I am a bipap with Auto SV advanced user, I have downloaded Encore Basic, running Windows 8.1 - the program seems to be working as I have put in some of the basic data while waiting for my card reader to be delivered. Two days ago, I received the card reader and while it works, it keeps saying that there is no Respironics data card was not found.
I am not sure what I can tell you to get EncoreBasic to run on your rig, but it does seem to work on Windows 8.1 for me.
Unsure
11-24-2014 02:02 PM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

(11-24-2014 02:02 PM)Dreamless Wrote:  Jodi,

I am a bipap with Auto SV advanced user, I have downloaded Encore Basic, running Windows 8.1 - the program seems to be working as I have put in some of the basic data while waiting for my card reader to be delivered. Two days ago, I received the card reader and while it works, it keeps saying that there is no Respironics data card was not found.
I am not sure what I can tell you to get EncoreBasic to run on your rig, but it does seem to work on Windows 8.1 for me.
Unsure
Hi Dreamless,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
11-26-2014 10:39 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
rjberube Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AM Airway Management - Tap PAP with headgear
Humidifier: Integrated, + ClimateLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: 5-11 with AHI: 0.5 to 1.9
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Oh, to sleep like my cats....

Hi Jodi... I recently helped my sister (very new to PAP therapy) with her setup... She currently has a Toshiba laptop (with built-in SD card slot) running Windows 8.1 - Had no issues with both EncoreBasic install and card from a PR REMstar 60 Series Auto. Note that Windows 8.1 likes to be connected to Internet when doing changes - ya never know when it's going to reach out for drivers...

A couple of tips are in order when handling SD card:
1) while you're supposed to be able to pop out SD card when PAP machine is powered up, my old-school training has me unplug power first, then remove card. (And also insert card when PAP system powered off).
2) Insert SD card into PC slot with small write-protect slide in read-only [locked] position. Modern operating systems write temporary files to whatever media they see - and may then "erase" them. Problem is, an erased file usually has breadcrumbs [so to speak] left behind. Your PAP machine may object to ANY change to SD card contents that it has not itself performed, declare your SD card as foreign/damaged/persona non grata - leaving you no choice but to use machine to format SD card, losing all of your data... Ouch!.
3) remember to re-enable write mode on SD card before inserting back into PAP and powering up - some machines detect card in read-only mode and then won't try to write to card without an unplug/change slider/plug power cycle.

Hope this helps you and others...

Sleep-well
11-26-2014 11:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 726 208,288 12-08-2016 07:37 AM
Last Post: Gabby
  Anyone having success using Swift FX Nano? Newbee2016 2 170 12-03-2016 07:07 PM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  Newbie with Smart Card Reader Problems MissSnuffleupagus 3 155 12-01-2016 09:36 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  continued success, hope for others jxyzobrien 1 281 10-05-2016 07:30 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Smart Ramp bernerbits 2 321 09-14-2016 09:19 PM
Last Post: stephennic
  [Equipment] AirSense 10 smart start with nasal pillows Jacto 6 591 09-13-2016 06:27 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Success! somnia16 12 670 08-29-2016 12:39 PM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas