Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Success with Smart Card Rdr & Win 8.1
RE: Success with Smart Card Rdr & Win 8.1
Jodi -- what type of memory card does your device use? Smarcard (about the size of a credit card) or SD card (about the size of a large postage stamp)?

Carlos
Post Reply Post Reply
Jodi,

I am a bipap with Auto SV advanced user, I have downloaded Encore Basic, running Windows 8.1 - the program seems to be working as I have put in some of the basic data while waiting for my card reader to be delivered. Two days ago, I received the card reader and while it works, it keeps saying that there is no Respironics data card was not found.
I am not sure what I can tell you to get EncoreBasic to run on your rig, but it does seem to work on Windows 8.1 for me.
Unsure
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2014, 02:02 PM)Dreamless Wrote: Jodi,

I am a bipap with Auto SV advanced user, I have downloaded Encore Basic, running Windows 8.1 - the program seems to be working as I have put in some of the basic data while waiting for my card reader to be delivered. Two days ago, I received the card reader and while it works, it keeps saying that there is no Respironics data card was not found.
I am not sure what I can tell you to get EncoreBasic to run on your rig, but it does seem to work on Windows 8.1 for me.
Unsure
Hi Dreamless,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jodi... I recently helped my sister (very new to PAP therapy) with her setup... She currently has a Toshiba laptop (with built-in SD card slot) running Windows 8.1 - Had no issues with both EncoreBasic install and card from a PR REMstar 60 Series Auto. Note that Windows 8.1 likes to be connected to Internet when doing changes - ya never know when it's going to reach out for drivers...

A couple of tips are in order when handling SD card:
1) while you're supposed to be able to pop out SD card when PAP machine is powered up, my old-school training has me unplug power first, then remove card. (And also insert card when PAP system powered off).
2) Insert SD card into PC slot with small write-protect slide in read-only [locked] position. Modern operating systems write temporary files to whatever media they see - and may then "erase" them. Problem is, an erased file usually has breadcrumbs [so to speak] left behind. Your PAP machine may object to ANY change to SD card contents that it has not itself performed, declare your SD card as foreign/damaged/persona non grata - leaving you no choice but to use machine to format SD card, losing all of your data... Ouch!.
3) remember to re-enable write mode on SD card before inserting back into PAP and powering up - some machines detect card in read-only mode and then won't try to write to card without an unplug/change slider/plug power cycle.

Hope this helps you and others...

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,632 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,104 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 374 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,481 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 172 16,490 03-02-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 551 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.