Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Another backup battery question. Please help.
Another backup battery question. Please help.
We had two small power outages today, so I hooked my Aircurve 10 up to the battery until the power was back on; it was only out for about 45 mins to an hour. I just put the battery back on to the Deltran gel battery tender. Is this OK?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Another backup battery question. Please help.
(07-11-2015, 03:21 PM)JVinNE Wrote: We had two small power outages today, so I hooked my Aircurve 10 up to the battery until the power was back on; it was only out for about 45 mins to an hour. I just put the battery back on to the Deltran gel battery tender. Is this OK?

The battery tender is a trickle charger. It is fine to hook it up when you are not using it to power your CPAP.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2015, 07:12 PM)parkerdt Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 03:21 PM)JVinNE Wrote: We had two small power outages today, so I hooked my Aircurve 10 up to the battery until the power was back on; it was only out for about 45 mins to an hour. I just put the battery back on to the Deltran gel battery tender. Is this OK?

The battery tender is a trickle charger. It is fine to hook it up when you are not using it to power your CPAP.

Dave

Thank you, Dave. I also accidentally had the lighter plug in (but not in the machine) before I hooked up the clamps, and I got a spark. I hope I didn't mess my battery up because of it. Next time, I'll make sure to put the clamps on and then add the power brick to the lighter plug first, before plugging it in.

I'm using a large, deep cycle marine battery with big amp hours at 12 volts, but my machine draws 24, so I use the ResMed converter plug.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a EE, I say there is no incorrect order in which to connect the battery, converter and machine. Just don't short anything as those big batteries can put out a lot of current into a short circuit.

A small spark is not unusual as it's a transient on startup of the converter.

The Deltran is a good tender and can recharge too. Their model 022-0186G-DL-WH can charge at up to 5 Amperes.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 111 Today, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,827 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 202 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 250 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex
Question [Equipment] Proprietary Dreamstation Battery Cables? NorthernGuy 25 11,440 01-19-2024, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Pastrywagon
  Resmed A10 Motherboard Battery BKeeper 21 3,502 01-08-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.