Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sudden AHI value peak just before Wake-up
Sudden AHI value peak just before Wake-up
Hi,
I have been sleeping with Resmed AS10 since early May.
It has been enjoying the improved sleep quality and no more sleeping during long driving.
My pressure setting was 13~14 during the first two month.
I was struggling with Large leak and high Leak rate. 
Med : 15.2%
95% : over 40%
99.5% : over 60%

From July, my therapy doctor suggested to change 6~10 to improve Leak rate.
Med : near or lower than 10%
95: near 15%
99.5% : less than 30%
Now, I do not wake up to change the mask wearing and position.

Also, my work is inside and outside job. 
After outside job, I have to stand on the site a whole day and shall walk over 10,000 walks.
Now, it feels tired on the night.
But, I feel better than before with CPAP.
Therefore, I could accept some snoring and high AHI after outside job.

By the way, I noticed that AHI value has been rapidly raising one or two hours before morning wake up.

Is it normal?
Could you give me some advice to improve this?

Thanks.

Jay

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sudden AHI value peak just before Wake-up
Look at the events, they started with a Cluster of O events. A cluster of events show you that you had positional apnea.

Positional apnea can NOT be controlled by pressure changes. You have to find out what position you are getting into and cutting off your own airway. Have you changed your sleep position? Sleeping on your back? Using more (or new) pillows? These things can cause positional apnea by chin dropping to your sternum and cutting your airway. Think of it of a kinked hose – nothing can get through – you have to unkink the hose…

I have a link in my signature for collars. Please take a look at it. It shows people without collars and the same people with collars- huge difference.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sudden AHI value peak just before Wake-up
Thanks staceyburke,

Yes, I agree with Positional apnea.
I always start with back sleep and have a tendency to change to side sleep.
I used to have a large leak every 90~120 minutes which is similar to the timing when I change to side sleep.
Recently, I am also using neck collar to improve chin dropping.

Base upon your recommendation, I will keep an eye on chin dropping and positional apnea.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cant breathe as soon as I start to doze off and wake up gasping for air a bit nicchamilton 9 167 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Sudden increase in central apneas eyeloveeyez 1 72 04-25-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 266 04-22-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 157 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 170 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  Wake up very early circa 4AM with bad headache, any help appreciated. new2paphopeful 1 177 03-30-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 423 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.