Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sudden Change in Results
Sudden Change in Results
I have just gone through an episode of Bronchitis with coughing so severe that I tore the Erectus muscle in my abdominal wall. Having recovered I am getting results that differ vastly from before the illness. Up to mid May I was averaging an Index of less than 2 with the majority of events being Clear Airway and no Cheynes Stokes events for over two years and the maximum number of events in any hour in single digits. After resuming use of my Airset 10 I am now getting vastly different results, overall API is now 7 to 10, I have acquired Cheynes Stokes events almost every night, Obstructive, Hypopnea and Unidentified events have not varied much while Clear Airway events have shot up to as many 55 events in an hour
I have just gone through an episode of Bronchitis with coughing so severe that I tore the Erectus muscle in my abdominal wall. Having recovered I am getting results that differ vastly from before the illness. Up to mid May I was averaging an Index of less than 2 with the majority of events being Clear Airway and no Cheynes Stokes events for over two years and the maximum number of events in any hour in single digits. After resuming use of my Airset 10 I am now getting vastly different results, overall API is now 7 to 10, I have acquired Cheynes Stokes events almost every night, Obstructive, Hypopnea and Unidentified events have not varied much while Clear Airway events have shot up to as many 55 events in an hour.
I have replaced my mask in an attempt to remedy the leakage problem but after one night it is impossible to judge the result.
My current setting are Minimum pressure 8, Maximum 20 achieving an average  of 10.3 long term.
Any suggestions
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sudden Change in Results
It sounds like it might be a result of medication.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sudden Change in Results
Hi, robanco, I really sad to hear how bad your charts look in your recovery.  Sadly, I can't give you any insight into the issues you see; I'm a total rookie and still can't read my own charts.  However I do know that all the gurus, and the experts, and the seriously knowledgeable folk are going to want more detailed information.  I see you have SleepyHead (it's great, isn't it?) so please post a couple or three recent charts so they have something to analyze.

hmm... it might be helpful for you to post a chart from before the bronchitis attack so they can compare your responses.  BTW, have you changed any of the machine since the attack?  If so, please include a chart with those settings as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 530 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,427 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,702 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.