Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sudden Pressure jumps and timer reset
Question 
Sudden Pressure jumps and timer reset
Within the past 2 months, my Airsense 10 has been acting strangely.
I will have sudden pressure jumps.  My normal level is between 6 and 9.  When it jumps, it goes to 14+ and wakes me up
Additionally, the timer resets.  Last night it occurred around 6:30am.  I woke up around 7:15am.  When I checked my sleep report, it shows 37 minutes of usage.
It doesn't happen every night and the timing is random.  I've had it happen anywhere from midnight to 6:30am.
I've never played with the data on the SD card.  That may shed some light on the issue.

I've had my machine since May 2018.  Outside of some rain out issues when I had to replace the heated hose, this is the first major issue that I've encountered.

If something like this has already been posted, please help me find the correct discussion thread.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sudden Pressure jumps and timer reset
I think you need to post OSCER charts for the night. It should show what is happening.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sudden Pressure jumps and timer reset
The OSCAR software is free, linked from the top of the forum. It will give us details of your therapy to let us guide you on optimizing efficacy and comfort. Links in my signature show how to Organize Your Oscar Charts and Attach Files to posts. I'd rather see a chart before commenting, but if an increase in pressure arouses you, then limit the maximum pressure to 12.0 to prevent that. The pressure is most likely rising due to an obstructive apnea, or flow limitation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 331 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 195 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
Question Assistance with sudden issues incl. OSCAR RustyShackleford 3 366 01-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: RustyShackleford
  Rain out all of a sudden mogulman 1 288 12-17-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Sudden Increase in AHI Score mawaw1992 13 2,215 12-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Treatment] Sudden raised AHI Papageno 10 649 12-07-2023, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Papageno

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.