Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oximeter List
Oximeter List
Is the list below still the latest list of OSCAR compatible monitors?

Pulse Oximeters
Oximetry Wizard
Data from the following pulse oximeters can be imported via OSCAR's Oximetry Wizard:

• Contec CMS-50D+, CMS-50-E, CMS-50E

• Contec CMS-50F, CMS-50H, CMS-50I (v3.7 firmware or later)

• Pulox PO-200/300/400/500
Note: Contec CMS-50F -- the newer version 2 hardware uses a new USB protocol which the OSCAR team has not yet reverse engineered, so currently you need to use the new (Windows-only) Contec software to read the data and create a data file, which apparently uses the same format as the older models. This has not been verified just yet.
The Pulse Ox CMS50F Version 2.0.0 hardware requires the Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1. The software can be downloaded at http://www.dlsoftw.com with index code: 01GS4016.
The software's default SpO2 data storage folder in Windows 10 is C:\users\user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant v3.1.0\Data. I copy CMS50F SpO2 data files from the default Smart Device Data folder to a new root directory folder named C:\SpO2_Data. Oscar will import the SpO2 data files directly from the C:\SpO2_Data folder. You must first have Oscar import your machine's sleep data file from your SD Card prior to importing the corresponding SpO2 data file from the same time frame.
Manual Import
Beginning in OSCAR 1.1.0, the following pulse oximeters are imported via OSCAR's Data > Import Viatom Data... menu. See Viatom File Import for how to download and import their data files.

• Viatom/Wellue SleepU

• Viatom/Wellue O2Ring
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oximeter List
Unless the list from the Wiki hasn't been updated, I assume this is current.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Oximeters
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Posted this in the wiki editor's forum. I did not write the wiki and have no knowledge of the compatible oximeters. Please link the wiki in question, it really helps, and the editor(s) are shown in the wiki information. I'm not one of them.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know, the wiki is correct.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was afraid of that but needed to ask - many thanks for your reply!
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2022, 09:22 PM)SKPC Wrote: I was afraid of that but needed to ask - many thanks for your reply!

Were you looking for a particular Oximeter or brand?  Or do you already have one that is not listed in the wiki?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply - I am looking for an oximeter that works well with / or CAN work with (be imported into) OSCAR that is not manufactured by Viacom / Wellue. I have an O2 ring - works great normally - imports super easy but it needs repairs / replaced and I have not been able to find a way to contact Viacom / Wellue so I want to buy something else. However, in researching all of the ones listed in Wiki for OSCAR are all made by Viacom / Wellue. 

Know any or anyone else that would know?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Contec is a different brand.  The most popular one is the CMS50F.  It is a wristband style with a fingertip sensor.  The only drawback is that the newer models need to use the "Smart Device Assistant" software (Windows only), and the cable, to communicate with the unit and download the data.  Once you do that it can then be imported into OSCAR.  It's an extra step (or two) every day but it works.
The CMS50F only holds one night of data at a time so you would need to d/l it every day, otherwise it will overwrite the previous data.

It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience with Wellue...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your quick response!

True - I intimated they were a Viatom / Wellue brand but what I meant to say is they are Chinese made. I have NOTHING against Chinese people - I worked in China a number of times in my career - but I have reservations about Chinese companies and their practices - also based on my experiences in China! 

Maybe I am being unfair to Contec and should try one of their units! i will look into that.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 148 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 193 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 156 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 124 19,809 12-28-2023, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.