Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sudden computer shutdown
Smile My old GX620 power supply finally gave up the electrolyte earlier this year.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
When I was doing a computer build in Jan 2015, the power supply manufacturers were touting "made with Japanese Capacitors."
In spacecraft, we used tantalum electrolytic capacitors.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look up "capacitor plague" for the story of bad caps.

If you haven't already done so, try Malwarebytes free version. It only runs when you manually invoke it, so it coexists well with other antivirus and has virtually no overhead and doesn't cause problems unless you let it remove the wrong files.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

I am going through the aftermath of a series of events that started exactly the same way. I do not mean to scare you but this turned out to be a motherboard problem. I thought it was the power supply failing so I replaced it. Nope.
Please back up EVERYTHING, not just documents and pictures. Get an external hard drive (they are cheap) and copy your C drive.
The reason is that if it is your motherboard, and it just fails one day like mine did, you will have everything backed up to put on your new computer. If that is the case remove the hard drive from the old one and put it in the new one. You may have dodged the bullet.
Post Reply Post Reply
of course, if you have Windows 10, it will just decide NOW is a good time to restart on you and who cares that you have worked hours on some code and didn't save it.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I'd keep an eye on the temperature while you're on it, Capt Redbeard is right, if everything is backed up you don't have to worry about losing important files you have, just gotta worry about potentially replacing hardware.
Post Reply Post Reply

Fans... lots of fans.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer Monitor Linearity surferdude2 6 808 10-31-2016, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Perchas
  Need computer help......... GrammaBear 33 2,761 01-14-2016, 03:54 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Ghost Computer Drives PaytonA 3 813 07-12-2015, 09:35 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  2 OSs, one computer and two drives ? justMongo 9 1,994 05-25-2015, 09:21 AM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
Grin Senior Computer Skills Crimson Nape 9 1,425 05-08-2015, 01:52 AM
Last Post: leximorph19
  Man kills Dell Computer justMongo 8 2,254 04-25-2015, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Mark Douglas
  The answer to your Computer / Software problems SuperSleeper 15 1,879 04-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Homerec130