Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sudden, erroneous, invariant, on-screen (VAuto) reports of AHI
Sudden, erroneous, invariant, on-screen (VAuto) reports of AHI
Can anyone suggest why my VAuto's on-screen report of AHI for each session has gone awry and suggest how it might be diagnosed and corrected? I bought the machine new and, until now, it has performed flawlessly for nearly 2500 run hours. I have a back-up. It looks like I must find a repair facility, find how to get fresh firmware, or--less likely-try DIY repair if good guidance can be found. 

Of course, I could ignore the problem after monitoring a bit more, just keeping an eye on what is reported by OSCAR for a time and from time to time.

For night-before-last I noticed a third night of on-screen AHI = 0.0, which rarely happens.  I decided to check the on-screen summaries for different periods. Day, weeks, months--all periods up to a year all AHI were reported on-screen as 0.0. Last night I disconnected the power cord for a minute and plugged it back in before sleep. AHI for all periods after last night sleep were reported as 0.4 (vs. 0.48 per OSCAR). I always use Auto On and, other than quick looks at on-screen AHI and Leak I haven't been paying much attention to running OSCAR. Restful sleep and all other considerations have been fine.

Thanks to my VAuto, to early and good pressure-settings coaching from ApneaBoard members and to more than year using a block to prevent supine sleep, my AHI held to 0.2 for a year. But I decided to sleep without the block a year ago, that to enable me to roll-over without having to very nearly sit up. Without the block, AHI has risen to a still low level, <0.5, as in the picture below and I will update my sidebar-AHI to 0.5. The VAuto drove down and has kept flow limitations low with PS of only 3.4 cm., vs the 3.0 cm. EPR which did not control FL well using my AutoSet. 

I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 759 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 122 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Generating reports for doctor TechieHippie 5 366 02-19-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 365 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 546 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Program a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAUTO HD Fry 9 691 12-07-2023, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports ejbpesca 13 1,002 10-15-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.