Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

amaraview leaks and hurts, FF suggestions?
RE: amaraview leaks and hurts, FF suggestions?
Was initially given the large Amara View by my DME, it was the wrong size (they didn’t even use the measuring guide) and after about 3 weeks my face was nearly raw from the mask moving around constantly. I found the measuring guide online (which suggested I needed the medium size), made an appointment with the DME, asked them, they said I should be using the small one. Again, wrong. The small size constantly pressed against my cheekbones and caused significant pain over time. In my case the medium is slightly too large but the small is far too small.

Over tightening the straps is common. The manufacturer’s guide suggests to only tighten the straps as necessary after the machine is pushing air into the mask, which will significantly change the mask seal.

In my opinion, three sizes is too few, five would be better. And face shape is different from person to person.

It’s a good mask in my opinion, but no one mask can work for everyone.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: amaraview leaks and hurts, FF suggestions?
Thank you everybody. Its been frustrating but Im determined to get through this because I know the benefits will be worth it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 31 528 04-13-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 440 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 160 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 337 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 138 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 3,073 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 310 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.