Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Positional apnea
Positional apnea
It has finally been confirmed what the OSCAR group has been telling us for years...Positional apnea is chin collapse.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jsr.13286

If they would have continued the study by using a neck collar on their subjects and shown how the problem was so simply solved ,maybe a lot more of us will eventually be benefitted?
For now lets hope that is the next step.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Positional apnea
As I've been saying for awhile, it isn't just us. Choral directors know that singing while looking down at the music cuts out volume and messes up your timbre. The gold standard is singing memorized, but for those of us old people, we get the constant reminders of "look up!" and "sing out!" and even the one I'm never sure what they mean, "raise your palatte!" We are taught to hold the book up and then sing out over the top, as singing hunched over kills the sound.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Positional apnea
Glad to see the studies are finally catching up to what we have known for years, although a cohort of 28 participants in a very limited study, won't win the Nobel Prize for me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 507 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 765 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Symptoms] Could These OSA Clusters Be Positional? Kaluni 0 122 03-18-2024, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Kaluni
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 533 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 322 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  REM or Positional? prp1714 11 620 01-24-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: prp1714
  [Treatment] Chaos58503 Therapy Thread Fighting Positional OA chaos58503 17 1,378 01-16-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: chaos58503

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.