Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

H5i Question
H5i Question
Hi.

I've just started APAP treatment and am just starting to become aware of the various settings on my S9 and H5i humidifier.

I've decided to take a little more control of my climate control. I've taken my machine off auto and am now controlling my ClimateLine and humidifier separately.

One thing I've noticed when you do that is that the machine gives me a scale between Off and 6 for the Humidity Level setting.

Is anyone able to tell me what that scale represents in terms of % humidity, as a progressive scale. If Off is zero...and 6 is maximum (say 80% humidity) what do all the settings in between correspond to?

Many thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: H5i Question
(11-09-2013, 01:33 AM)OzzieMatt Wrote: Hi.

I've just started APAP treatment and am just starting to become aware of the various settings on my S9 and H5i humidifier.

I've decided to take a little more control of my climate control. I've taken my machine off auto and am now controlling my ClimateLine and humidifier separately.

One thing I've noticed when you do that is that the machine gives me a scale between Off and 6 for the Humidity Level setting.

Is anyone able to tell me what that scale represents in terms of % humidity, as a progressive scale. If Off is zero...and 6 is maximum (say 80% humidity) what do all the settings in between correspond to?

Many thanks
I don,t know the answer to the question, I set mine on auto at 23C and adjust the knob depend on the room temp

The auto mode delivers 80% relative humidity at the set temperature and protects against rainout. In auto mode the default air temperature set to 27C (80F). In manual mode, temperature and absolute humidity can bet set separately, customize humidity control but without rainut protection.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: H5i Question
The user manual for the H5i humidifier is at http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

On page 8 there is the following table:
[Image: Hi5_humidity_table_zps35a882a3.jpg]
My understanding of this table is that the relative humidity delivered by a particular setting on the H5i humidifier depends on both the ambient air temperature and the pressure setting. I believe that the relative humidity delivered by the system may also depend on the relative humidity of the ambient room air as well.

One good question that is NOT answered by this chart for those of use who keep our rooms cold in the winter time: If the room temperature is below 22C (that's 71.6F for those of us in the US), does the Hi5 deliver more or less relative humidity than it delivers at 22C ambient room temperature. (Same question applies in the summer for those with bedroom temps above 22C.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,425 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.