Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Suddenly Leaking
Suddenly Leaking
After 2+ months with little leak problem, suddenly I have major leaks. I am including screenshots. One is from 4/17 when leakage was not too bad. Then the one for 4/20 it was really bad. Both were wearing nasal pillows, so last night I tried a Hybrid, think it was mouth breathing, but as the graph shows, STILL bad leakage.

What is odd is that I don't feel or hear any leaks. They just show up on the data. I'm sorry to ask again, but I have tried the mask tutorial, tried different masks, and still the leak. (Oh yes, I even tried different tubing, thinking that might be leaking.

http://imgur.com/a/ZNw3I
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Suddenly Leaking
At first glance it looks like you are opening your mouth.

But, if you are wearing a hybrid mask, then it could be something else like the humidifier tank seal.

For the 22nd, the leak is so large that you're not getting any therapy.

For the 21st, what mask were you wearing there?
That looks like a nasal mask with an open mouth.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
22nd was with the hybrid mask.  21st was with nasal pillows (Airfit P10). I have never had a problem with mouth open before, and don't wake up that way, but figured the leakage might be that, hence the trying of the hybrid.
Post Reply Post Reply
A chin strap with the P10 is probably a better way to go.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, you are probably right. Just ordered one.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW, when I do a "Mask check" I get a green happy face, but still have major leaks at night, so hope chin strap helps. Never was into S&M but with mask, hose, chin strap, getting there Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
That happy face on mask check doesn't mean a thing if your mouth is open when it really counts.

I get what you mean -- seems like cpap wear is a violation of the Geneva Conventions and the Hague Conventions.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I am an Airsense 10 newbie and have had a learning event which really helped leaks/fit.  The nose pillows have a hard plastic interior and as soft plastic exterior.  Its very easy to invert the hard interior (while cleaning/changing the pillow) as the exterior will look about the same.  Flipping the nose inserts back out really helped the leaks
Post Reply Post Reply
Good thought, but I have tried 2 different nose pillows (P10 and Nuance pro) and same with both. Even tried switching between medium and large. I have chin strap coming today, so will try that tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
No pillows here, but what made the difference for me and the hybrid Amara View was scrubbing it nightly with a granular soap and a sonic face cleaning device and using the same routine on my face. I had really high leaks for better than a third of the night early on. My smiley face was also green so I quit looking at it - silly, demeaning idea anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 354 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,771 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 341 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  [CPAP] Suddenly air feels too dry.. outasleep 2 286 01-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Was doing well, AHI slightly higher, lots of leaking between 4-5am. jkang9080 4 565 12-14-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,459 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Central Hypopneas suddenly! Kingsway 4 520 11-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.